You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

Lario

He would do well imo, no big pressure as their seasons already fucked and their players would enjoy being given the freedom to attack.His problem at Liverpool was recruitment and not having a top dm, he wouldn't have those issues at Chelsea.

Thankfully I don't think we will see him get the job but if he did I would be worried as a LFC fan, if they get hiddink or simeone it's like getting a poor mans Jose.Their from will improve at the start but long term they will not be as strong as under Jose.

Hahahahaha! Fucking hell...

I just...

Fucking hell...

Brendan better than Hiddink and Simeone.

OK then.

• Upvote 1

Dumb by Abramovich.  I guess that the owner and the manager deserve each other.  In that sick world you get sick individuals and sick decisions.   Too much like what the Romans used to do.  Bread and circus.

Not football anymore to me.

How is it dumb ?  They're teetering one point above the relegation zone and their league form is showing no sign of improving, they've lost nine league games before Christmas.  They were champions last year.

I know Abramovich historically hasn't been the most patient of managers, but I don't think you can blame him for pulling the trigger now.

He would do well imo, no big pressure as their seasons already fucked and their players would enjoy being given the freedom to attack.His problem at Liverpool was recruitment and not having a top dm, he wouldn't have those issues at Chelsea.

Thankfully I don't think we will see him get the job but if he did I would be worried as a LFC fan, if they get hiddink or simeone it's like getting a poor mans Jose.Their from will improve at the start but long term they will not be as strong as under Jose.

Mental.

How is it dumb ?  They're teetering one point above the relegation zone and their league form is showing no sign of improving, they've lost nine league games before Christmas.  They were champions last year.

I know Abramovich historically hasn't been the most patient of managers, but I don't think you can blame him for pulling the trigger now.

It's dumb as nobody will move them to top four.  The team is the same, the manager is the same that won the league last year.   Unless Mourinho has suffered a total meltdown, the decision is dumb.  Short term Russkie bullshit.  

Yes, the mega criminal has an option to throw 20 million a season to Guardiola.  But that is also dumb, not football anymore, and again 2-3 seasons max, and another dude in.  For now they need a "Rafa" to sort things out.  I think most of those are things that maybe would not need sorting out, just waiting out.   Normal Mourinho would have got them around 5-6 in the league from where they are now.  That's the max for anyone else.

The question is if the "normal Mourinho" exists anymore.  And if he could have built something, for once, this was probably his chance.

Then again, they all deserve each other at Chelski...

Hahahahaha! Fucking hell...

I just...

Fucking hell...

Brendan better than Hiddink and Simeone.

OK then.

I didn't say that, Simeone or Hiddink would both do well imo but long term they will not have a team as strong as the ones Jose has had at cfc.When he gets it right Chelsea run away with the league and the title race is boring, under those two I don't see that being the case.

BR would have a different philosophy and with the players they have and could sign he could potentially do something big there imo considering what he did when he had top players at LFC.Instead of having a poor mans Mourinho they would have a poor mans Guardiola.

People like to mock BR but let's see how a world class manager like Klopp compares in a couple of years time, it took BR six months to find the answer to beating the small teams while past managers like Evans, GH and Rafa never did.As I've said a lot Rodgers time here will look a lot better in a few years time.

• Downvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

Fuck him, the piss stained, shit coated pork n cheese cunt!

Saves having to work out what the greasy tramp is on about in his interviews.

Plus, this is the main topic on the News!! Fuck off. 

P.S. Hope Rodgers gets the interim job, maybe he'll buy some of the shit he spunked our money on. 

Guest Pistonbroke

To myself it is pretty obvious why they have sacked him now.

Bayern are getting pissed off with pep for saying he'll let them know his plans next week. IMO Pep is as good as gone next summer.

If Chelsea kept shit coat and he started improving it would have been harder to sack him. This way they get to sack the cunt on merit and get their feelers  dodgy Russian money into Peps pockets ahead of City or United.