You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Single all time Reds Player

Bjornebye

Pound for pound, in terms of amount of time spent at LFC and amount I've liked the player during that time, I'd have to be honest and say Suarez himself is right up there.

He could very well leave in a way that makes a folly of such comments, even this summer, but he really has shown us the lot.  Even the bite on Ivanovic made me laugh more than most things in football have for a long time.

He's performed CPR on this club, and despite the bad bits, I fucking love the lunatic - not in a "he gets us" way, either, as he's plainly mostly a hired hand and would do this whoever he played for.  He's just a rabid, incredible genius though, forgetting even the club for a second, watching him play is like watching Usain Bolt run - a force of nature.  That second half flick on Sunday which hit the bar, everyone was just looking at each other wordlessly and laughing.

Going whole LFC career it would be Fowler, but I've loved none more than I do Suarez at this point and have done for his entire spell with us, besides the manner of his attempts to get out last summer.

Even on that note, his farewell from Ajax, that he flew back for after signing for us, says it all.

I'm a bit older than most on here so can go back a bit further.

I saw Keegan make his Anfield debut and from then on he was the best thing I had ever seen for the reds. 

There were games when his never say die spirit coupled with his ability would rub off on everyone in the ground.

He singlehandedly won many games for us during his time with us.When he said he was leaving I was distraught.

I knew of Kenny when he was at Celtic being a Tim follower as a kid. I knew he was boss. I was on the kop for his home debut.

It didn't take him long to convince us we were in the presence of greatness. The goal celebration is still the best I've seen. Beaming smile, arms outstretched.

When we scored against Bruges in the 78 final I was behind the goal. Happy enough as I was that we'd gone in front I was looking to see who had scored as it meant even more than just a goal when the king scored. Simply the greatest.

Many opinions are formed around a certain time in our love of the club. 1971 to 1979 was my time.

• Upvote 1

Gerrard with out a doubt. Arguably the greatest player in our history, he is a leader, an inspiration a one man army. I grew up watching this guy. Some skinny kid who came into scenes in 1999, and that mesmerising first goal of his, you knew he was going to be something special. He led the club like a one man army for over a decade, the likes of King Kenny, Barnesy et al all were in great teams, Gerrard for most part of his career was in mediocre teams and played like a one man army, he has everything, the most complete player I have ever seen in my life, you can play him in attack or defence and he will play with ease.

This video sums him

I will cry the day he retires, i'm just glad Rodgers has rejuvenated him and given a new lease of life which means we can enjoy him for a few more years, enjoy it whilst you can because we won't see another player like him in our lifetime again.

I think Stevie has surpassed Barnes as player but Barnes is still probably my favourite. Beardsley was great as well in that team. Its fantastic that we are finally playing ball in that manner again.

Yep. The rules are favourite player - not who you think is best all time player. Any votes for Mad Erik or Titi?

Whelan is high on my list. Certainly not our best, but always liked him.

Has to be Steven Gerrard. Can remember going to Liverpool Vs Spurs in 1998 and some young scally lad with no forehead played right back. Never daunted , never looked out of place, never looked round to hi more experienced players to take responsibility. He just got on with it.

He's never let the gigantic responsibility of digging us out the shit on numerous occasions faze him. He has just took everything in his stride, god knows where we would be without him.