You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Single all time Reds Player

Bjornebye

Who is you absolute all time favourite Reds player? 

Its a tough choice and I struggled between about 4 then wished I had been old enough to see Dalglish/Barnes/Hansen etc and their peak. 

Mine is God himself. Robbie Fowler. 

tumblr_m5h2lydb1a1rrpwlpo1_1280.jpg

For a young fan like I was in the 90’s, he had it all. Scored a shit load of goals, had controversy (I remember being in the main stand when he sniffed the line and thinking he was doing some sort of caterpillar crawl until I saw MOTD that night) , The doCKers protest but also the sportsmanship for trying to stop the ref giving the penalty. (even though he was a bit of a daft cunt for doing it!)

A good mate of mine from schools auntie Kerry married him (still his wife) and I babysat his eldest daughter Madison with my mate years ago. Absolute boss fella to meet and the day he re-signed for us I remember reading it on BBC sport and actually had a tear in my eye.

Best finisher i’ve ever seen and at his peak was as good a striker as any in world football. I’m not arsed he didn’t get the england acclaim because he got ours. People don’t get the nickname god in Liverpool lightly.... 

• Upvote 1

Been thinking about this a lot recently now that I rate Suarez as the best we've ever had. However, the question is favourite and mine is still - just about - Kenny. He's the greatest Red of all time. Carra runs him a very close second though and Robbie is right up there too.

I've been mulling it over and it was between Gerrard and Fowler, and I've gone for Gerrard for his all round brilliance. You get a bit of everything and he just embodied the spirit of all those times when we were trying to get back to the top. Awesome player.

Jan%20Molby%203.jpg

possibly the most naturally talented player we've ever had at the club.

Another good thing about Molby is that his name was supposed to be pronounced 'Molboo'.

Remember him talking once about how he was in the clink and said they were 'a great bunch of lads'. Said one of the cons could so a boss impression of him and when people used to shout up from the lower landing he'd answer back from his cell and people would think it was Molby, Molby said he'd be in stitches listening to it.

• Upvote 1

Still the King for me. He took over from Kevin Keegan, who was a great and underrated (now)player and was an improvement. Not only that but he played at the top level for over 10 years and was the inspiration behind our greatest period of success. If Suarez stays for a couple more years playing at his current level he may take over.

Absolutely love Sami, would love Brendan to find him a coaching job after his sacking last week. However, my idol is Barnesy. Been lucky to spend time with him, 1 on 1. Didn't disappoint, just a really lovely genuine fella.

I'd love to have seen Barnes in pomp. Was only 1 when we signed him though.

For me the player who gets 10 out of 10 for every attribute, passing, pace, heading, vision, technique, shooting, scoring, attitude - everything. The most complete footballer I have seen in a Liverpool shirt (or any other shirt for that matter). As near to the perfect footballer as you can get. 

barnes.jpg

• Upvote 1

I always find picking a favourite anything tough, but all the names listed thus far probably cover my feelings.

I never got the chance to watch Barnes live, in his pomp, but I idolised him as a kid watching on TV. before I learned anything about tactics and all that bollocks, I just figured with him and Rush in the side we could smash anyone.

A bit out of left-field but I have always had a soft spot for MacAllister. I liked him as a player, thought his time had passed, but he rolled back the years in many a performance, and was the perfect figure to have amongst some of the youngsters, particularly on the big occasions.

Similar to my appreciation of Hyppia, he had an assured air about himself, something Gerrard is starting to exude too which is fantastic to see.