You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

At the game or in the armchair, which gets you the best view?

Torvald Utne

Regardless of the view or not, I enjoy being at the game more when things are tense (as they are at the moment). You can look at other things going on- whether it be some luminescent fat lad conducting operation Anfield or a seagull/pigeon hovering over after its flow off the Kemlyn (makes me think I could be a wanky poet describing it), that or listen to someone go mental three rows away when the ball has ricocheted off Glen Johnson for a throw in and wonder what has caused that level of apoplectic rage.

Watching on the T.V. is difficult in comparison you can only watch the pitch and the action, whilst you’re not going to miss anything it cranks the nervousness up (especially with Sky’s penchant for hyperbole). Also at the game your more aware when the team is totally dominant which I think gets lost a bit on T.V.

It's like the difference between making love to someone you are deeply in love with, and having a wank in front of a screen flickering at 60hz. Those who have only had a wank won't understand what they're missing, those who prefer a wank will try to convince themselves that it's better, and those who prefer to experience fully the life changing experiences of a fully committed relationship know there's no substitute. Sure, they can also knock one out if and when they need to, but it's mechanical and unfulfilling.

I once saw Abbie Clancy at the match. Boss bum and boobs. Never seen her in my living room though. Oh, and Sinbad.

So, another tick for the match.

I will be very disappointed if Bond doesn't show up on Sunday.

Less so if Clive Owen does. 

Even more if Ian Beale does though. 

And the enthusiastic and vibrant Michael Owen.  They should have a feature whereby you can mute the commentary, but not the noise of the stadium itself.

ITV Digital offered that about 14 years ago; it was ace.

I know, but I forget that there are plenty of people born without a sense of humour. It's like the difference between having a finger up your bum on the vinegar strike and...... Actually let's leave that one there

That wasn't a finger up yer bum while he had his vinegar strokes, Stringy.

It's deffo better for seeing the ebb and flow of a match as well as any off the ball incidents when you're there. Telly is obviously miles better for detail, close ups and replays. Happily I get both.

The last time I was at Anfield, we were Champions and I was in my mid-20s. 

Getting my Kop season ticket a couple of years before that was as easy as getting off the ferry at Dover, ringing the club, and sending a money order for 60 quid. I kid you not. It was the first phone call I made in England, even before I had anywhere to live!

I would love to experience Anfield again, now that I'm older and have learned to appreciate the wonderful things in life more fully. 

One day.

The last time I was at Anfield, we were Champions and I was in my mid-20s.

Getting my Kop season ticket a couple of years before that was as easy as getting off the ferry at Dover, ringing the club, and sending a money order for 60 quid. I kid you not. It was the first phone call I made in England, even before I had anywhere to live!

I would love to experience Anfield again, now that I'm older and have learned to appreciate the wonderful things in life more fully.

One day.

Watson has gone, get over it.