You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Historical pictures

Sugar Ape

Marilyn Monroe and Clark Gable (looking a bit creepy) before the Time's Up badge

DUS6j04X0AAuYS6.jpg

The original Star Wars cast

DUSl-E4X0AEFbid.jpg

When The Beatles were rumoured to want Alfred Hitchcock to replace Ringo

DUR-XQvXkAEr2H6.jpg

McCoy , Kirk and Spock pretending to shave with their phasers

DURvgTPXcAIGgKX.jpg

• Upvote 2

Guest Kemlynreds

Another school photo of the cunt, with philosopher (and beery swine) Ludwig Wittgenstein.

1504299259771.jpg

I read a few years ago something that suggested Wittgenstein could be the reason for Hitlers hatred of Jewish people. Hitler came from a poor family and Wittgenstein came from an affluent family with all the trappings of wealth and the suggestion was that it was Hitlers jealousy of Wittgenstein that set him on the path, wish I could remember more about it as it’d make this reply more valid. I remember reading that Wittgenstein’s family was littered with suicides (dad and brother from memory) so life wasn’t really a bed of Roses for him. Tried reading some of his stuff but blew my mind, might have to try a page a day.

Al Capone's cell at Eastern State Penitentiary. 

Have to say some nice furniture in there....

DU3wuvFXcAENEMd.jpg

They shifted him out of there down to Alcatraz where he enjoyed no such luxury.

He also went insane due to syphilis.

No Harry Grout.

Some dazzle ships.

HMS_Kildangan_IWM_Q_043387.jpg

20110611_STP502.jpg

razzle_Dazzle-camouflage_ship1.jpg

razzle-dazzle-camouflage.jpg

I love the fact that these things only existed for a narrow window in time - between the advent of submarine warfare and the invention of sonar. I also love the fact that they are such an ingenious, lateral-thinking means of camouflage.

Brilliant idea and reportedly supposed to have influenced the cubist movement of painters due to Picasso seeing a cannon towed through the streets of Paris.

• 2 weeks later...