Quantcast
Joey Barton - Page 6 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

TheHowieLama

Joey Barton

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Assaulted the Barnsley manager in the tunnel after they played his Fleetwood team today. Left him with blood pouring down his face apparently. 

What a knob. 

Just heard about that, he’s an absolute waste of space. They had to stop his car leaving the car park for the police to interview him!

Apparently reacted badly to being called a “fucking scally” by the Barnsley manager.

But you are a fucking scally, Joseph.

Anyway, here’s Joseph getting stopped leaving the car park.

Came across this in the Barton discussion as well, alleging Barton has been bullying young players during his tenure.

Short thread.

34 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’ll just leave this here..,

Never knew Joey posted in the GF.

I assume to be calling Barton ' A fucking scally ' Mr Stendel was hardly a shrinking violet in the discussion , and while Barton tends to be his own worst enemy I am surprised a Liverpool based website is quite so keen  to immediately back a guy who is quite clearly happy to launch into anti-Scouse stereotypes.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

I assume to be calling Barton ' A fucking scally ' Mr Stendel was hardly a shrinking violet in the discussion , and while Barton tends to be his own worst enemy I am surprised a Liverpool based website is quite so keen  to immediately back a guy who is quite clearly happy to launch into anti-Scouse stereotypes.

I don't think scally is an insult personally as it just means similar to rascal or scamp. The 'fucking' part suggests it wasn't a compliment though.

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Wonder if it could be mostly the fact Barton has previous for putting a cigar out in a kids eye, and other multiple assault charges. 

8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't think scally is an insult personally as it just means similar to rascal or scamp. The 'fucking' part suggests it wasn't a compliment though.

I have never heard anyone other than a scouser called a scally.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

It happens.  I don't think it's tied to a certain place in particular at all.

11 hours ago, sir roger said:

As its short for scalliwag it could really be used by anybody. It just seems to have been used in these parts a lot more,maybe due to its relation to things naval?

He's a product of a really shitty childhood unfortunately. Rich kids from such childhoods are emotionally void like a lot of the fuckers in the house of commons. Kids like barton grow up in an environment where they could have an ashtray smashed off their head at any point and there is no such thing as praise or compliments. 

He's a very rich man but wealth won't change the beast inside.

I remember a mate telling me that his son who played for a top premier league club at the time was in the youth team with a lad from Ireland who was an absolute lunatic on and off the pitch. Ultimately, got sent back to Dublin for his behaviour and now he's meant to be involved with a lot of gangland shit there. I saw that lad play and he was one of the top five young players i've seen and i'd see a lot of underage football. My mate and his wife used to have him over for sunday dinner as he was missing dublin and said he was a likeable lad. However, he came from a mad chaotic background. In some ways, you could argue that barton has done well not to go down the path of him or the likes of so many other talents.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

He's a product of a really shitty childhood unfortunately. Rich kids from such childhoods are emotionally void like a lot of the fuckers in the house of commons. Kids like barton grow up in an environment where they could have an ashtray smashed off their head at any point and there is no such thing as praise or compliments. 

He's a very rich man but wealth won't change the beast inside.

I remember a mate telling me that his son who played for a top premier league club at the time was in the youth team with a lad from Ireland who was an absolute lunatic on and off the pitch. Ultimately, got sent back to Dublin for his behaviour and now he's meant to be involved with a lot of gangland shit there. I saw that lad play and he was one of the top five young players i've seen and i'd see a lot of underage football. My mate and his wife used to have him over for sunday dinner as he was missing dublin and said he was a likeable lad. However, he came from a mad chaotic background. In some ways, you could argue that barton has done well not to go down the path of him or the likes of so many other talents.

He has been incredibly lucky to have been given a lifeline to a decent life out of the shit and has failed to make the best of it. Most kids from his background don't have his talent for football so have no sympathy for him. He's kept one foot in the gutter throughout his career.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He has been incredibly lucky to have been given a lifeline to a decent life out of the shit and has failed to make the best of it. Most kids from his background don't have his talent for football so have no sympathy for him. He's kept one foot in the gutter throughout his career.  

He obviously has mental issues. 

Remember my dad saying his mate used to drink with McManaman and his dad in Kirkdale , and one day they had Barton’s dad in tow after a game and his behaviour was scandalous wanting to fight anybody who looked at him sideways.