You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joey Barton

TheHowieLama

9 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Assaulted the Barnsley manager in the tunnel after they played his Fleetwood team today. Left him with blood pouring down his face apparently. 

What a knob. 

Just heard about that, he’s an absolute waste of space. They had to stop his car leaving the car park for the police to interview him!

I assume to be calling Barton ' A fucking scally ' Mr Stendel was hardly a shrinking violet in the discussion , and while Barton tends to be his own worst enemy I am surprised a Liverpool based website is quite so keen  to immediately back a guy who is quite clearly happy to launch into anti-Scouse stereotypes.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

I assume to be calling Barton ' A fucking scally ' Mr Stendel was hardly a shrinking violet in the discussion , and while Barton tends to be his own worst enemy I am surprised a Liverpool based website is quite so keen  to immediately back a guy who is quite clearly happy to launch into anti-Scouse stereotypes.

I don't think scally is an insult personally as it just means similar to rascal or scamp. The 'fucking' part suggests it wasn't a compliment though.

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Wonder if it could be mostly the fact Barton has previous for putting a cigar out in a kids eye, and other multiple assault charges. 

He's a product of a really shitty childhood unfortunately. Rich kids from such childhoods are emotionally void like a lot of the fuckers in the house of commons. Kids like barton grow up in an environment where they could have an ashtray smashed off their head at any point and there is no such thing as praise or compliments. 

He's a very rich man but wealth won't change the beast inside.

I remember a mate telling me that his son who played for a top premier league club at the time was in the youth team with a lad from Ireland who was an absolute lunatic on and off the pitch. Ultimately, got sent back to Dublin for his behaviour and now he's meant to be involved with a lot of gangland shit there. I saw that lad play and he was one of the top five young players i've seen and i'd see a lot of underage football. My mate and his wife used to have him over for sunday dinner as he was missing dublin and said he was a likeable lad. However, he came from a mad chaotic background. In some ways, you could argue that barton has done well not to go down the path of him or the likes of so many other talents.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

He's a product of a really shitty childhood unfortunately. Rich kids from such childhoods are emotionally void like a lot of the fuckers in the house of commons. Kids like barton grow up in an environment where they could have an ashtray smashed off their head at any point and there is no such thing as praise or compliments. 

He's a very rich man but wealth won't change the beast inside.

I remember a mate telling me that his son who played for a top premier league club at the time was in the youth team with a lad from Ireland who was an absolute lunatic on and off the pitch. Ultimately, got sent back to Dublin for his behaviour and now he's meant to be involved with a lot of gangland shit there. I saw that lad play and he was one of the top five young players i've seen and i'd see a lot of underage football. My mate and his wife used to have him over for sunday dinner as he was missing dublin and said he was a likeable lad. However, he came from a mad chaotic background. In some ways, you could argue that barton has done well not to go down the path of him or the likes of so many other talents.

He has been incredibly lucky to have been given a lifeline to a decent life out of the shit and has failed to make the best of it. Most kids from his background don't have his talent for football so have no sympathy for him. He's kept one foot in the gutter throughout his career.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He has been incredibly lucky to have been given a lifeline to a decent life out of the shit and has failed to make the best of it. Most kids from his background don't have his talent for football so have no sympathy for him. He's kept one foot in the gutter throughout his career.  

He obviously has mental issues.