You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joey Barton

TheHowieLama

I've watched slow motion replays of that 10 times now and I still can't actually see that he makes any contact at all.  Not the tackle, the punch to Huddlestone's knackers I mean.  Still a red for trying it but I have to have a small amount of sympathy because be honest, who hasn't felt compelled to punch Tom Huddlestone in the balls at one time or another?

Barton is a complete fucking bell though, of this there is no doubt.

• 2 years later...

I read his press release and he comes across as honest enough in his explanation. He also lists the bets that the FA have deemed to be an issue - and he won fuck all on them. He's either a useless gambler or he's layed those bets off elsewhere. Some of them were only for fivers etc.

The FA using him as an ESCAPED GOAT if you ask me. I'm sure most of the referees have much larger bets on their games - that cunt Howard Webb would be on my top list of bent fuckers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If ever I have played dice with the gods at the divine table of the earth, so that the earth quaked and ruptured, and snorted forth fire-streams: –– For a divine table is the earth, and trembling with new active dictums and dice-casts of the gods: (...)

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra: A Book for All and None

• Upvote 1

Sounds like the sort of thing Joey Barton would say!

As for the 18 month ban, that's him probably finished now as he's getting on. There's two sides to Barton in my estimation. Nasty bloke, prone to a bit of violence here and there. Then on the other side, a bit of a tortured thinker. He wants us to see the latter, but most can't not see the former. And the gambling thing makes him come across as some sort of Merson-type, which is bad for his desire to be perceived as a thinking man,

I got to the end of the third paragraph and then my thumb brushed against, and opened up, a link to a Coral betting promotion.

I had the newspaper opened at lunchtime and on the same 2 pages there were adverts for Ladbrokes, Betway, Paddy Power and Coral. Gone over the top now if you ask me.

I read his press release and he comes across as honest enough in his explanation. He also lists the bets that the FA have deemed to be an issue - and he won fuck all on them. He's either a useless gambler or he's layed those bets off elsewhere. Some of them were only for fivers etc.

The FA using him as an ESCAPED GOAT if you ask me. I'm sure most of the referees have much larger bets on their games - that cunt Howard Webb would be on my top list of bent fuckers.

This. Pretty stupid of him to be fair, but still. Fuck the FA. They're a colossal gang of cunts and Barton is just one, albeit substantial cunt.

Before and during every game on SKY, you get told to put a bet on by Ray fucking Winston, clubs are sponsored by gambling websites and promote them on shirts and websites plus Ladbrokes are the official betting partner of the FA.

The FA are cunts.

• Upvote 1