You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joey Barton

TheHowieLama

Barton was an average player at his peak, he'd never be England captain because he never had the talent. He had countless opportunity's to curb his behaviour when he actually had a career, and he ignored every word of advice given to him. He even said it himself he had a "prove you all wrong" mentality, but the irony is he only ever proved them right in the end.

To say Rooney is not world class is pure ridiculousness, even though it pains me to say it because he's an ex bitter and current manc that hates us with every core of his being. In fact Rooney's done exactly what Barton couldn't do, a lad from a Fazakerley council estate that's now in the top 5 goal scorers ever for England.

That was just a veiled attack on Rooney for something he'd probably said or did to Barton personally, notice the fact he never mentioned Gerrard, that wouldn't fit into his argument with Ronaldo living clean, because Gerrard doesn't doesn't drink or smoke either, he wouldn't be able to fit his nice little analogy in there.

Barton was an average player at his peak, he'd never be England captain because he never had the talent. He had countless opportunity's to curb his behaviour when he actually had a career, and he ignored every word of advice given to him. He even said it himself he had a "prove you all wrong" mentality, but the irony is he only ever proved them right in the end.

To say Rooney is not world class is pure ridiculousness, even though it pains me to say it because he's an ex bitter and current manc that hates us with every core of his being. In fact Rooney's done exactly what Barton couldn't do, a lad from a Fazakerley council estate that's now in the top 5 goal scorers ever for England.

That was just a veiled attack on Rooney for something he'd probably said or did to Barton personally, notice the fact he never mentioned Gerrard, that wouldn't fit into his argument with Ronaldo living clean, because Gerrard doesn't doesn't drink or smoke either, he wouldn't be able to fit his nice little analogy in there.

I was gonna rep you after the first paragraph but then you said Rooney is clearly world class.

Fuck no is he in my opinion, the season after Ronaldo left and he got 30 goals yes and it seemed he was finally going to fufil his potential but he did not maintain it and for a few years now has been on the decline.

Also for England he never progressed either after his first tournament where he tore France apart.

Over his club career he was mainly a very good player now he is just a good player, at international level he turned up for hid first tournament but apart from that has been average.

Barton Imo was good enough to be in the England squad at his peak if not a starter, he did not deserve to though because of his behaviour, hes fucked up time after time and has no excuses.

• Upvote 1

Jesus.

Hes one of the top five rbs in the world Imo, only alves and lahm are better Imo but ill say top five incase anyone says an obvious name that is not in my head right now, I am not talking potential here either Im talking about ability right now. Edited by JermainePennant
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Hes one of the top five rbs in the world Imo, only alves and lahm are better Imo but ill say top five incase anyone says an obvious name that is not in my head right now, I am not talking potential here either Im talking about ability right now.

Sorry JP but you're wrong there pal. By a distance. Say from here to Pluto type distance. Good player when he turns up, sadly it's 5 times a year if we are lucky.

Re Barton, I quite like the chap to be honest. He's a bit touched but he seems to be pretty honest and open about his failings and I can't help but admire that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Clive Woodward was talking about interviewing him on 5 Live last night.  In amongst the 'he's an interesting guy really' bollocks was the pearler that Joey believes that he had achieved all his ambitions by the age of 19.  What ambitions were those - getting served alcohol at the corner shop? Kissing a girl? A real one, not the kind you blow up first?

Wayne Rooney is not world class and Glen Johnson is, how did you come to that conclusion? 

please show your working...

I did by saying I think glen is in the top 5 players in the world in his position, biggest praise I could give Rooney is hes in the top 5 players in the Manu or england team which doesn't mean a lot nowdays.

I did by saying I think glen is in the top 5 players in the world in his position, biggest praise I could give Rooney is hes in the top 5 players in the Manu or england team which doesn't mean a lot nowdays.

Five better right backs in world football, this is easy. Lahm, Alves, Ivanovic, Zabaletta and Sagna right off the top of my head. Coleman's better than him in the premier league. Not even mentioning Rafinha, Gregory Van der Wiel and the polish guy for Dortmund. It could be argued that Flanagan is better than Johnson as far as right backs go.

Rooney is the best player for Man United, not top 5, top 1. He's also from a team sheet point of view the second best England player to Steven Gerrard (although Sturridge is a better striker than him).

Five better right backs in world football, this is easy. Lahm, Alves, Ivanovic, Zabaletta and Sagna right off the top of my head. Coleman's better than him in the premier league. Not even mentioning Rafinha, Gregory Van der Wiel and the polish guy for Dortmund. It could be argued that Flanagan is better than Johnson as far as right backs go.

Rooney is the best player for Man United, not top 5, top 1. He's also from a team sheet point of view the second best England player to Steven Gerrard (although Sturridge is a better striker than him).

We'll have to agree to disagree then as none of those players you've listed I think are better then glen and Ive seen a quite a bit of all of them, ivanovic is better defensively Ill give you that but if glen stayed back as much as ivanovic im sure he'd be a lot more solid.

When we signed Johnson he had the potential to e world class. That is as close as he has ever got. 

To say he is in the top 5 RB's in the world is fucking ridiculous. 

Exactly , if we had a fit left back he would be struggling to hold down a regular place in our team