You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aintree 2014

Bjornebye

Since when has dressing like an absolute cunt been sneering at the working classes. It has and always will be sneering at people who dress like absolute cunts.

You'd swear that being working class meant you only had access to clown clothes looking at those pictures. The truth is the people who do that do it for attention and because it's become the done thing to dress as outlandishly as possible.

Since when has dressing like an absolute cunt been sneering at the working classes. It has and always will be sneering at people who dress like absolute cunts.

You'd swear that being working class meant you only had access to clown clothes looking at those pictures. The truth is the people who do that do it for attention and because it's become the done thing to dress as outlandishly as possible.

You've got a point, my birds boss is going today and sent her a picture and she looks ridiculous. She's a brain surgeon at Alder Hey. Hardly working class.

I've decided I'm going to Aintree next year. Doesn't look half as pretentious as most of the other courses I've been to.

Been National day 5 times and every time it's been ace day except the bomb scare year. My Auntie's husband ran the course for a couple of years and I used to get free tickets in the Queen Mother stand. I was stuck in the cottage by the driving range for hours and had a house party to go to when they had the bomb scare. It was quite surreal being surrounded by all the racing press and talking to all sorts of racing experts in this small cottage.

Me and Ms McGonical are defo going next year, gonna get my tickets early for one of the stands. Gonna book the babysitter this week. 

It's actually offensive that they're in any way representative of the working class. People dress and act like cunts at Aintree, just as they do at Ascot.

Yeah that's why they do it. They do it for really negative attention from the likes of the Daily Mail.

I think a lot of them get a raw deal, Whether we think they look alright or not, these girls spend a lot of money on a day like this for people like you to sit and ridicule them. There were a few girls from our work going yesterday and said that normally they would be spending about £500 in total for Ladies day, dress, make up, hair, shoes, spends etc.

Only this year they were spending less on the outfit and tans because of the ridicule they get because people like you associate them with and Ladies day. 

So what if people don't look like what you or a cunt of a paper like the Daily Mail try to tell s what is acceptable. Everyone of them looks like they are having a fucking ball and that is all that matters.

Very simple question then.

Why does the Mail only have pictures of people that look like cunts at the meeting that most "working class" people go to?

If you don't get the over-riding whiff of "Look at these stupid fucking proles trying to dress up" then fair enough, my nose is full of it.

You never see photos of people dressed appallingly at, say, Cheltenham, and there's obviously a reason for it.

I went to Ladies Day yesterday and had a cracker of a day. The vast majority of people I saw- both men and women- looked smart and were really well dressed. Obviously you see the odd bit of dodgy clobber, but it's an absolute cunt's trick to point it out in the national press and demean people for it.

• Upvote 1

Some of the captions to the photos in The Mail were the most telling for me.

Pictures of girls, not visibly drunk, just appearing to be having a laugh accompanied with the caption of "a couple of ladies stumble through the crowd", and captions going out of their way to emphasise that, god forbid, women were drinking wine!

Then a photo which was obviously showing a woman just about to sit on the floor, with site feet. Not the most ladylike of behaviour, but accompanied with a misleading caption of "a worse for wear reveller collapses to the ground while her friends look on".

Then the Mail, aside to its article slaughtering the women of Liverpool, felt the need to write a whole separate article about a fight that broke out in the crowd. A fight involving 3 people, out of a crowd of over 40,000? Did that really warrant a full article? Of course not, it was written with a clear agenda.

And, one last point on the coverage of the ladies at Ladies Day, the Daily Mail story had over 110 photographs, for one story. Surely some sort of record? But, again, we all know why.

• Upvote 1