You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mis-sent Messages

Spy Bee

Not a mis-sent message but within a week of getting an iPhone for the first time I had to come on here to find out how to change the settings so your phone didn't show the first few lines of a message.

Even now I don't ever leave my phone on the desk in work anymore.

In my old job a marketing girl used to leave early every friday (on the premise of having meetings to go to) so I sent my mate an email saying "why does marie get to leave early every friday?" - but obviously i didn't send it to him, i sent it to her by mistake. She replied on the monday saying she had a meeting to go to. I thought f*ck it and replied saying "yep sure I believe you".

Another time a dutch journalist I'd had over for work sent me an email saying how rough he thought Liverpool was - obviously i took offence and forwarded it to my mate saying what a dickhead this fella was. Only I hadn't forwarded it I'd replied to the journalist. HEART SINKING. Brilliantly I sent him some spam emails I had in my inbox then sent him a message saying our emails had been virused and he believed me! He even replied and said something like "yes this is a big problem for us as well!"

Lastly, we had a builder doing a load of work on our old flat (long story) but i was sure one of them kept bullsh*tting so I sent me missus a message saying "yeah XX has said he'll do this, but there's no f*cking chance just add it to the long list of stuff they haven't done" - but i sent it to him instead of my missus. I was explaining this to my mate when the builder left a voicemail on my phone saying "actually i will get it done blah blah blah". I sucked it up and rang him, but I didn't apologise cos at least it made the point.

Reading all these - maybe it's good sometimes that people know the truth.

Not a mis-sent message but within a week of getting an iPhone for the first time I had to come on here to find out how to change the settings so your phone didn't show the first few lines of a message.

Even now I don't ever leave my phone on the desk in work anymore.

Not like you to be so coy

In my old job a marketing girl used to leave early every friday (on the premise of having meetings to go to) so I sent my mate an email saying "why does marie get to leave early every friday?" - but obviously i didn't send it to him, i sent it to her by mistake. She replied on the monday saying she had a meeting to go to. I thought f*ck it and replied saying "yep sure I believe you".

Another time a dutch journalist I'd had over for work sent me an email saying how rough he thought Liverpool was - obviously i took offence and forwarded it to my mate saying what a dickhead this fella was. Only I hadn't forwarded it I'd replied to the journalist. HEART SINKING. Brilliantly I sent him some spam emails I had in my inbox then sent him a message saying our emails had been virused and he believed me! He even replied and said something like "yes this is a big problem for us as well!"

Lastly, we had a builder doing a load of work on our old flat (long story) but i was sure one of them kept bullsh*tting so I sent me missus a message saying "yeah XX has said he'll do this, but there's no f*cking chance just add it to the long list of stuff they haven't done" - but i sent it to him instead of my missus. I was explaining this to my mate when the builder left a voicemail on my phone saying "actually i will get it done blah blah blah". I sucked it up and rang him, but I didn't apologise cos at least it made the point.

Reading all these - maybe it's good sometimes that people know the truth.

And on every occasion, needless to say, you had the last laugh.

Before I went on overseas assignment (a fair few years ago), I shagged one of my staff who had been flirting with me a while. A workmate practically caught us but I denied it happened as I didn't want to embarrass her as she was in a relationship. Anyway, when I left, I handed in my mobile and it was given to a new member of staff with the same number attached. My mate persuaded this new member of staff to send a few messages to the girl about three weeks after I had gone and she responded as she still had that number in the phone as me. The bastards told her I was back temporarily and got her to turn up to a hotel bar to meet me for a bit of fun. Obviously there was reception party waiting for her, laughing their heads off. Somehow, she managed to blame me for the whole thing.

• 1 year later...

One of our suppliers' "Customer Relationship Coordinator" has today sent an email to us, along with 3 other companies. The email was passing accounts to a "Customer Service Administrator" with contact details, contact names and 'notes'. 

'Notes' included things like "Katie sends annoying emails" & "Jon send you ransom emails and phones all the time when he doesn't need to" etc.

Of course Katie, Jon and several other people were copied into this email.

It seems the 67 email recall requests she sent were not successful!

I once (near enough 20 years ago) sent an email to a bloke I worked with who I couldn't stand, the feeling very much mutual, who's wife had the previous night asked me to fuck her on the sly, saying she looked like Myra Hindley so I'd knocked her back, but that it would be funny to in theory given what an utter cunt he was.

It was intended for my mate who sat across the way from me, and the waves of dread as he kept looking over and saying "I haven't got it yet, mate" and then "Are you sure you sent it to me?" were creepingly horrible.

I can't put into words the feeling that reverberated through my nipsy and bowels when I realised what I'd done, but it was enough to make me shout "OH FUCK" involuntarily and torpedo out of my seat, pacing up and down the office in ever decreasing lines, muttering while wondering what the fuck I was going to do, in front of various people who clearly thought I'd gone mad, including my boss.

What a day that was, and what a conversation with the tit in question when I had to go down to his desk to head off the nuclear fallout. He was halfway through reading the e-mail when I got there and gibbering like nobody's business.

I've typed this one out numerous times and never hit Submit as it makes me cringe even now and the fall-out lasted for best part of ten years in various ways.

• Upvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke

In my last job working for Microsoft we had this in-house chat system installed on all the PC's, think it was called jabber.

Anyway, I made the fatal mistake of having multiple chats open due to passing on information to work colleagues for work reasons and one open chatting to a mate. We had this really fat Spanish lass who fucking stank of sweaty fanny syndrome most of the time working in the same office. I typed a message to my mate saying "I see that fat Spanish pig is smelling like a dead Salmon that has been left out in the sun for a week." But instead of sending it to my mate I sent it to her, she wasn't that chuffed. I was in the process of working my notice anyway so didn't give a fuck and laughed at the written warning I received. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Although not sent to the wrong person i wrote ''alright chick'' to my missus and put my phone down not realising id made a typo and my phone changed chick to chunk I was a bit surprised when I got a ''WTF!!!'' text back.

One of a similar nature but thankfully I double checked my E-Mail before sending. 

Working for MS again and I was sending an E-mail to this company in Israel explaining about their Office 365 account.

To cut a long story short, at the end of the E-mail I put in that if they did not pay the amount due that their Gold Partnership would be terminated immediately. When I double checked the E-mail the spell checker software we ran had changed "Terminated" to "Exterminated." 

Imagine the fall out if I hadn't double checked that E-mail with those humourless bastards, out of all the different countries we had contact with the Israelis were without doubt the biggest bunch of arrogant moaning bastards out there. 

I once (near enough 20 years ago) sent an email to a bloke I worked with who I couldn't stand, the feeling very much mutual, who's wife had the previous night asked me to fuck her on the sly, saying she looked like Myra Hindley so I'd knocked her back, but that it would be funny to in theory given what an utter cunt he was.

It was intended for my mate who sat across the way from me, and the waves of dread as he kept looking over and saying "I haven't got it yet, mate" and then "Are you sure you sent it to me?" were creepingly horrible.

I can't put into words the feeling that reverberated through my nipsy and bowels when I realised what I'd done, but it was enough to make me shout "OH FUCK" involuntarily and torpedo out of my seat, pacing up and down the office in ever decreasing lines, muttering while wondering what the fuck I was going to do, in front of various people who clearly thought I'd gone mad, including my boss.

What a day that was, and what a conversation with the tit in question when I had to go down to his desk to head off the nuclear fallout. He was halfway through reading the e-mail when I got there and gibbering like nobody's business.

I've typed this one out numerous times and never hit Submit as it makes me cringe even now and the fall-out lasted for best part of ten years in various ways.

oooof!  fucking hell.  That's brought back the trauma I had.  

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

I sent a text to a journalist at Panorama this afternoon saying “When’s your next period due babe? Xxx”

If she does any digging and finds your posts on here you'll be back on Panorama in no time but with an entire show all to yourself. 

• Upvote 4

A place I worked at we had a member of staff in the New Jersey office called Dean Friedman. I sent an email to a mate saying "We can thank our lucky stars we arent as smart as we like to think we are".

Which was correct, as I sent it to Dean Friedman himself. I also said in the message "what a load of shite that was"

I dont know if he saw the funny side of it, he never responded and I was made redundant not long after.