You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John W Henry

Anubis

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd worry more about winning the thing. I'd be happy for him to get his greasy mitts on it for one reason only... We'd have won.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Enrique, Kelly and Alberto would be missing out then in that case

Moses? Please say not Moses.

EDIT: Fuck it, give him one. As long as we've won it I don't care.

Moses? Please say not Moses.

EDIT: Fuck it, give him one. As long as we've won it I don't care.

Id give him a medal so he can fuck off back to Chelsea with it,the one stipulation would be he wears it to training every day

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Id give him a medal so he can fuck off back to Chelsea with it,the one stipulation would be he wears it to training every day

I'd be quite happy to see him score the winning goal, nailing Chelsea's title challenge.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think we should cut Moses and Aspas medals in half

Agreed. Seeing white tiny little white legs on a hulking great black torso would be fucking brilliant.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Does anyone else find recent posts in this thread a little disturbing?

Let's win the thing before we worry about who gets a medal

Mate, we're not going to win it so we might as well enjoy it whilst we can.

I remember the proper days when you needed to actually appear on the pitch for 14 games to get a medal

How Michael Owen can claim to have won a PL with 2 meaningless goals from 11 appearances, mostly substituted for the last 10 minutes and still keep a straight face is a mystery to me

How Michael Owen can claim to have won a PL with 2 meaningless goals from 11 appearances, mostly substituted for the last 10 minutes and still keep a straight face is a mystery to me

Seems to be lacking a champions league medal though

• Upvote 1

Rodgers has guided Liverpool to the top of the table as they try to secure their first league crown since 1990.

The manager himself has stated he is comfortable waiting until the end of the season before agreeing a new deal and Ayre is similarly unfazed at the prospect of delaying negotiations, with Rodgers' current contract running until June 2015.

"It's never been an issue. We will have our own dialogue at the appropriate time, we will have that discussion. Right now isn't the time," Ayre told Sky Sports News' Chief News Reporter Bryan Swanson.

"We don't want a distraction. That's a private matter. I know Brendan, myself and the owners are all very comfortable with that."

Ayre did confirm he expects Rodgers to commit his future to Liverpool for the long-term when the time does finally come to strike a deal, with club and manager plotting a return to the glory days.

"He's just started on a road, as we all have, to rebuild this club and bring it back to greatness," added Ayre.

"Hopefully if we achieve our Euro dream, then we will need bigger depth. We are talking daily with Brendan about this and others who deal with player recruitment.

"The owners are pleased with our progress. They will be over this weekend for the game away to West Ham on Sunday.

"It's great testament to them. We've had some tough days but the owners continued to invest in the club. Great credit to them for achieving what we are achieving."

As for Liverpool's chances of winning the Premier League this season, Ayre is taking a cautious approach, despite Rodgers' side knowing they will do so if they win their remaining six games of the season.

"Many neutrals are telling us they want us to win the Premier League. It would be fantastic for the fans," said Ayre.

"Nobody is getting carried away, we need to take each game (at a time). What will be, will be."

Well we had a great run. I won't let this ruin what's been a great season.