You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John W Henry

Anubis

4 hours ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Traded best player and put up ticket prices at the same time! Betts stated if he was paid his worth he'd stay.. Crazy move by them... 

Read this morning they are trying to get more for the player in trades to appease fans... 

Yeah, negative reaction by media and fans made them shit themselves.

On 10/02/2020 at 11:13, Baltar said:

While I don't mind them as much anymore I'm not joining the FSG fanclub just yet. We are where we are because of Klopp, not because of Henry. Yes FSG have backed him in the market but considering how much money they've been making from the club, that's the least they could have done. 

Appoint a good manager;

Provide him with the necessary backing (not just financially, but behind-the-scenes personnel, infrastructure, etc);

Know when to be patient with a manager and when to be ruthless;

Don't treat owning the club as an excuse to have a public ego trip;

Don't leach vast sums of cash out of the club. 

I’m sure that somebody else will have some additional requirements of a club’s owners, but those seem like the top five to me. FSG have ticked all of those boxes - and better still, they’ve got better at fulfilling those criteria as time has gone by. 

I don't really care whether or not owners are committed fans before they took over. I don’t think anybody doubts that Moores was a fan, but FSG have been far more successful owners and not by chance.

• Upvote 1

On 10/02/2020 at 12:29, A Red said:

I've been doing a bit of research and I reckon his great grandfather was related to mine. I'm not sure yet how to use this information to the best advantage.

When I was newly single a few years ago and out regularly on dates, it became apparent that the girl I was out with one night was more than likely related at grandparent / great grandparent level.

We had plenty of fun times.

tell John that story and see if his eyes twinkle.

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

When I was newly single a few years ago and out regularly on dates, it became apparent that the girl I was out with one night was more than likely related at grandparent / great grandparent level.

We had plenty of fun times.

tell John that story and see if his eyes twinkle.

Did you do it in your nan’s bed, yeah? Dirty bastard you are Bob.