You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rugby League Thread.....

old skool tom

Even though I'm a Chemics fan (yes we're shit, I get it), I don't mind Warrington, but I'm genuinely made up for the Dragons! Brilliant achievement!

The game needs opening up to Europe and North America to survive, this will only help!

I live right near Halton stadium at the minute. Currently in the derby pub watching the match. It couldn't be more widnes in here if it tried.

I've never been Stig but they were always my team from a kid. Back to the days of Davies, Devereux, Tait and Offiah. I've still not forgiven Offiah for joining Wigan!

Liverpool and Everton ladies play at widnes stadium. Surprisingly hot. I always have a perv if I'm walking past and they are training.

It's a sport I've always enjoyed as a tellyclapper, same with union.

Sadly Widnes have been shit since the late 80's, and we haven't won a game for months. I think we'll drop in to the championship this year and deservedly so.

Still great to watch, sadly I fell asleep in the build up so I missed the final, particularly gutted for Kevin Brown of Warrington, 3 finals for 3 different teams and the poor fucker has lost the lot!

It's a sport I've always enjoyed as a tellyclapper, same with union.

Sadly Widnes have been shit since the late 80's, and we haven't won a game for months. I think we'll drop in to the championship this year and deservedly so.

Still great to watch, sadly I fell asleep in the build up so I missed the final, particularly gutted for Kevin Brown of Warrington, 3 finals for 3 different teams and the poor fucker has lost the lot!

Start supporting Saints mate.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Saints can win the league leaders shield if they beat Hull tonight. Does it mean that much anymore these days though when any of 8 teams can still win the Grand Final which is more remembered. 

Only top 4 can mate. 1st v 4th and 2nd V 3rd.

Bit of a farce really. 

Do you get to any games Stig? Pricing not bad compared to the Footie

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Only top 4 can mate. 1st v 4th and 2nd V 3rd.

Bit of a farce really. 

Do you get to any games Stig? Pricing not bad compared to the Footie

I haven't been for years mate. I went Knowsley road a few times in the 90's for the friday night games. My dad took me the first time in 95 I think it was. He isn't arsed about rugby but we watched saints get a draw away against wigan in a challenge cup match on the telly and we enjoyed it so he took me the replay. Not only did Saints get hammered but my dad the thick twat took us in the Wigan end by accident. he never went after that. Ive not seen the new stadium, I've been past it but it doesn't seem to have the passion that Knowsley Road did when I watch it nowadays. Do you go? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I haven't been for years mate. I went Knowsley road a few times in the 90's for the friday night games. My dad took me the first time in 95 I think it was. He isn't arsed about rugby but we watched saints get a draw away against wigan in a challenge cup match on the telly and we enjoyed it so he took me the replay. Not only did Saints get hammered but my dad the thick twat took us in the Wigan end by accident. he never went after that. Ive not seen the new stadium, I've been past it but it doesn't seem to have the passion that Knowsley Road did when I watch it nowadays. Do you go? 

I went against Widnes a few weeks ago but I don't go loads. The atmosphere has never been great but Knowsley Road was better despite being a complete shit hole (The toilets where literally a concrete wall). I need to go more often to be honest but the 'Super 8's' devalues the league games to be honest, rugby league needs a lot of investment as it's struggling 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

I went against Widnes a few weeks ago but I don't go loads. The atmosphere has never been great but Knowsley Road was better despite being a complete shit hole (The toilets where literally a concrete wall). I need to go more often to be honest but the 'Super 8's' devalues the league games to be honest, rugby league needs a lot of investment as it's struggling 

I live right near the Widnes ground and they are really struggling. I don't agree with the league splits and all that shite. Same as the SPL. Pointless. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I live right near the Widnes ground and they are really struggling. I don't agree with the league splits and all that shite. Same as the SPL. Pointless. 

Yeah Widnes have been fucking brutal this season.  The RFL keep coming up with daft ideas to promote extra interest but they are generally shit, should just be a league like it was at the start.

I do really enjoy Rugby league though, it's a great sport and they're all tough as fuck. The refs are as bad as the Footie though, abysmal.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah Widnes have been fucking brutal this season.  The RFL keep coming up with daft ideas to promote extra interest but they are generally shit, should just be a league like it was at the start.

I do really enjoy Rugby league though, it's a great sport and they're all tough as fuck. The refs are as bad as the Footie though, abysmal.

I don't watch enough to know about the refs but I do enjoy it when I watch it. When the Super League started i watched Saints every time they were on unless I went. Lost interest when i joined the navy but kept an eye on them and always watched if they were in the grand final. I actually got pissed as a fart when they beat Wigan in 2014 and that thug was sent off early doors for punching fuck out of the Saints player on the floor. 

I used to be bang into it about 10 years ago, when Leeds, Bradford and Saints were easily the best three teams and Widnes weren’t even in the Super League. 

Gradually drifted away from it over the years and haven’t watched a full game for ages. I still think of James Roby as an up and coming youngster. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't watch enough to know about the refs but I do enjoy it when I watch it. When the Super League started i watched Saints every time they were on unless I went. Lost interest when i joined the navy but kept an eye on them and always watched if they were in the grand final. I actually got pissed as a fart when they beat Wigan in 2014 and that thug was sent off early doors for punching fuck out of the Saints player on the floor. 

Yeah Ben Flower, dirty cunt. I saw him in Total Fitness in Wigan not long after, he smiled and said Hello so he can't be too bad, apart from decking people.

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I used to be bang into it about 10 years ago, when Leeds, Bradford and Saints were easily the best three teams and Widnes weren’t even in the Super League. 

Gradually drifted away from it over the years and haven’t watched a full game for ages. I still think of James Roby as an up and coming youngster. 

Roby is a legend. He reminds me of a more talented rugby equivalent of Milner.

Wigan v Warrington is on Sky tonight, that should be a good game both in contention for 2nd (I think, or might just be Wigan) and home Semi-Final.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah Ben Flower, dirty cunt. I saw him in Total Fitness in Wigan not long after, he smiled and said Hello so he can't be too bad, apart from decking people.

Roby is a legend. He reminds me of a more talented rugby equivalent of Milner.

Wigan v Warrington is on Sky tonight, that should be a good game both in contention for 2nd (I think, or might just be Wigan) and home Semi-Final.

Yeah well Annie Road comes across as a decent fella as well so you might be right. 

Are Saints not on then? even though they might win the league? Fucking hell 

• Upvote 1