You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rugby League Thread.....

old skool tom

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Well done Saints

I missed it because of work but that's a fantastic achievement, to beat the Aussie champions in their own country takes some doing. They will say it's a pre-season friendly but it's much more than that as the reactions on both sides showed.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, littletedwest said:

As a casual Leigh fan have say this season has been a massive pleasant surprise. 

Expected them stay up but didn't expect a first trip to Wembley since 71

Yeah, better team today and I hope they go on to win it.

That owner looks a complete bellend though.

• Upvote 1

I'll give him his due he's put his own money in and unlike in the unmentionable he isn't going to profit from it or using it to sports wash.

The leopard print thing has grown on me. And even before leigh started winning you could see the number of people wearing shirts shoot up.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I'll give him his due he's put his own money in and unlike in the unmentionable he isn't going to profit from it or using it to sports wash.

The leopard print thing has grown on me. And even before leigh started winning you could see the number of people wearing shirts shoot up.

He's definitely turned the club around, so credit where it's due. It needs all the money and fans it can get. If he's in it for the long haul, Leigh will definitely pick up some silverware. Saints are a bit of a mess now but can't complain given the last four years of success.

7 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I think saints will come good at the end of the season 

Can't see it mate, we've been fucking rubbish for most of the season. Wellens as manager is going as well as it usually does with legends managing their clubs. Think he'll be gone by the end of the season.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Edge of the seat yesterday for Leighs challenge cup win. Apparently about half the town went down to Wembley which given my Facebook feed I can well believe.

Nice to see some of the photo's. One of my mates has watched leigh get hammered for years against top teams he never expected us to get to Wembley in even a secondary competition let alone go there with his dad and kids and watch us win the challenge cup.

One story come to me out of context last night. Used be a big Leigh fan called Derek Todd. He was about 20 stone, Red faced and drank like a fish.

At a game at Hilton Park fans were mixing and one said to him" where's best boozer in Leigh?" " thas fucking looking at 'im"

• Upvote 1

On 23/07/2023 at 19:03, A Red said:

Hull KR are my RL team. 

When the red red robin goes bob bob bobbin along

(Hull FC fans have their response)

We certainly do....

Hard luck for yesterday mind, sounds like it was a hard-fought match and pretty dramatic!

• Upvote 1

Apparently loads didn’t make it, or missed a lot of it, due to traffic problems. 

I know lots of supporters of other teams tend to make a bit of a day out of it, but I hope most of the supporters of the two clubs made it ok. 

Even those supporting Hull KR deserved at least a ‘day out’. It’s not like either team have got there that often. 

Assume it was mostly Hull KR and the neutrals, given where the problems were, so the Leigh fans should mostly have been there for their big win. 

34 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I know a Hull KR fan sadly died in an accident on the way down.

Awful news. There was at least one bad accident near me, not sure if it was the same one. 

The wife got stuck on the M1 for 2.5 hours. Ended up taking the dog for a walk on the hard shoulder. She was only going from one junction to the next.

I was actually a little worried when I read when/where it happened, and that a woman had been airlifted to hospital as I knew she’d be close by. As usual, I couldn’t check as she’d left her phone at home.

I had to suppress my relief when she finally walked down the garden path.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of the Hull KR fan who didn’t make it home. A terrible tragedy. 

• Upvote 3