You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rugby League Thread.....

old skool tom

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't a great game and Saints didn't perform great but they've got the knack of winning the big games at the moment.

Naiqama has been pretty average since we signed him but tonight he's written himself into St. Helens folklore with those two tries. What a way to depart.

46 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Haven't followed the season too closely , but watched tonight's match. Just felt Saints were more physical throughout and seemed to 'want it more' in basic terms. 

It was a weird game, very little in it. I stand by the ref being shit, there's no way that Makinson tackle was a sin-binnng.

Saints are super well organised under Woolf though, machine like. Woolf is probably harder than all the players though to be fair, not a bloke you'd fuck with.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Rugby has been urged to consider immediate law changes after new research suggested a link between multiple concussions and significantly worse brain function in older age.

New research??

Suggested??

It will be tag rugby before you know it. 

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Rugby has been urged to consider immediate law changes after new research suggested a link between multiple concussions and significantly worse brain function in older age.

New research??

Suggested??

I for one am shocked that a sport where players get a rest for 10 minutes for knocking one of the opposition out cold is dangerous.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I for one am shocked that a sport where players get a rest for 10 minutes for knocking one of the opposition out cold is dangerous.

You'd get 4 years for some of the assaults that happen on the pitch.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Former New Zealand prop Carl Hayman has been diagnosed with early onset dementia at the age of 41, shining the spotlight on concussion-related illness in former rugby players.

Hayman, who played the last of his 45 tests at the 2007 World Cup, revealed to New Zealand sport website 'The Bounce' he had also been diagnosed with probable chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
He has joined a class-action lawsuit being prepared by former players alleging rugby federations, including global governing body World Rugby, of failing to protect them from the risks of concussion.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Great to see Rugby League on channel 4. The more exposure the better for a truly great sport.

That's great. My uncles in York are mad for rugby league.  Not something I've had an opportunity to watch much myself. 

• Upvote 1

It's a cracking sport to watch, I'd love to see Widnes back in the big time, but that's a long way off. Nice to see Super League on terrestrial TV, as well as the Challenge Cup.

I'll be honest I enjoy Union as well. It is still a posh lads sport, but it's still a good watch, and so many differences to League. We're lucky that the fracture back in 1895 led to us having 2 superb sports to enjoy.

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

It's a cracking sport to watch, I'd love to see Widnes back in the big time, but that's a long way off. Nice to see Super League on terrestrial TV, as well as the Challenge Cup.

I'll be honest I enjoy Union as well. It is still a posh lads sport, but it's still a good watch, and so many differences to League. We're lucky that the fracture back in 1895 led to us having 2 superb sports to enjoy.

The more eyeballs the better to grow the sport, it's much better than union, well for me anyway.