You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Rugby League Thread.....

old skool tom

• 3 years later...

Grand Final this Sunday evening here in Sydney: Melbourne v North Queensland. If you've not watched League before or only ever seen the English version, watch this; these lads are on a different level.

Used to watch those state of origin games a few years back when they were on terrestrial telly and then in sky's earlier days and they were superb. Quite low scoring and non stop action,I'd never seen Rugby that was a lot like a f****all match at the highest level with very few mistakes. Might have changed a bit now but they were great to watch,fascinating too.

Never liked rugby until recently. Since I got Sky Sports in the bar I've been enjoying a bit of rugby league. That semi final tonight between Castleford and St Helens was an absolute belter.

Just seen on the BBC that Luke Gale who scored Castleford's last-second equaliser and then the winning Golden Point had his appendix out two weeks ago.

I could have sworn I'd contributed to this thread before (do we have another one?). Anyway my team, Hull FC, have had a good season with an excellent Challenge Cup final victory. They play Leeds tonight and will be hoping to break a long winless streak at Heqdingley to get through to the semi finals.

C'mon you 'Ull!

Used to watch those state of origin games a few years back when they were on terrestrial telly and then in sky's earlier days and they were superb. Quite low scoring and non stop action,I'd never seen Rugby that was a lot like a f****all match at the highest level with very few mistakes. Might have changed a bit now but they were great to watch,fascinating too.

If anything SoO has got even quicker. I've got more and more into it after moving to Sydney. Think that's due to teaching a lot of the NRL players, the fact my best mate here is an ex-pro player, and that I have a lot of access to tickets. It's lightning fast with huge hits and so those lack of mistakes you mention and the fact the pace just never ceases is unreal really. Went for lunch today with my mate and his lad who has just signed for Castleford. I simply doesn't come across on TV just how massive these lads are and how much punishment they take each game. I've a huge respect for them as athletes. 

I could have sworn I'd contributed to this thread before (do we have another one?). Anyway my team, Hull FC, have had a good season with an excellent Challenge Cup final victory. They play Leeds tonight and will be hoping to break a long winless streak at Heqdingley to get through to the semi finals.

C'mon you 'Ull!

I hope you beat Leeds but they have the habit of turning up in the play-offs and cleaning up.

Hull v Cas Final would make a great change from the usual Leeds/Saints/Wigan

• 10 months later...