You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool (May 3 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Seriously RB, get a grip. One game, that's all it was.

Tell that to Usher. He watched The Other Guys on Sunday and didn't even smile.

That is what Mourinho does to people.

You say one game, i say potential season definer. I may rouse from my sorry state if Athletico and the general universe do the right thing and smash them fucking cunts tomorrow. Bum them into a new dimension. Should that happen, i might be able to talk about football again.

• Upvote 1

Let's just concentrate on beating Palace, 1-0 or 5-0 whatever just win. If and it's a big if City drop points at Everton and we beat Palace then game on.

Even if City beat Everton, if we win on the Monday it racks up the pressure on city for their final two games. Not over yet.

When the going gets tough, the toihh get going. Are we tough?

If we arent, we cant win the title.

We seriously need to adopt the mindset of it being in our own hands viz our scoring prowess.

Just set up to blow palace to bits from the first whistle. If losing is only the difference between 2nd or 3rd who cares?

We've all sat there going steadily grey watching this season pan out with white knuckle rides in more than half of the games.

So fuck it, all out attack has got us here, all out attack must get us over the line.

I don't blame Rodgers for not playing to hold on Sunday, i've long wanted to see a bit more of it, with the right personnel, ( a new Didi for instance) but we don't have them and he clearly doesn't want to play like that. So i rolled over and accepted the "terms and conditions" ages ago.

So fuck it, do what we've been doing with knobs on v Palace.

We've beaten much better sides than Palace by 4 or 5 this year.

Would set up the most immense last day imaginable if we needed 5 clear v Newcastle come what may.

My only worry is that Luis is possibly shot and Sturridge is carrying.

Anyone think we could score 6 or 7 against this lot?

Could they be on the beach now, given the run they've been on has come to an end?

Hard to say.

If City were to win their games by 1 or 2 goals each (i.e. not by landslides) then two 7-0 wins would do it. It sounds crazy to say it but I fear City will win their three games.

We've done it before.  Time for a repeat of this:

http://youtu.be/WdFLIewHMCs

• Upvote 1

Tell that to Usher. He watched The Other Guys on Sunday and didn't even smile.

That is what Mourinho does to people.

You say one game, i say potential season definer. I may rouse from my sorry state if Athletico and the general universe do the right thing and smash them fucking cunts tomorrow. Bum them into a new dimension. Should that happen, i might be able to talk about football again.

This is spot on. The 'healing process' of a shit defeat has taken much longer than normal to kick in after Sunday.

I'd leave the likes of Aspas, Moses and Cissokho out for this and put our most highly rated youngsters on the bench.

Moses was good against Norwich when he came on, I think I'd, without an enormous amount of faith, still want him as an option of sorts off the bench. He runs quite fast, and is pretty strong.

Aspas, I just don't even...that fucking corner...

• Upvote 3