You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

The main thing I'm wary of is how they played away at City - they were very positive and really outplayed them everywhere as I recall - it was a bit of a surprise they they played on the front foot rather than sitting back - wouldn't be surprised if they did that to us as well.

They pressed City high for the first 20-30 minutes, like they have for every away game against a suppposed top side this season, and it's worked for them most of the time, after that they kind of sat back and countered. I really doubt it would work against us tho. I hope they get fucking knackered today and still get a decent result so we can absolutely bollock them on sunday.

• Upvote 1

I am hoping that Mourinho is looking at the league realistically. He has to come and beat us and then hope that both us and City drop more points in the remaining games and he has to win his. Although this isn't impossible I hope that his priority will be CL because his destiny in his own hands. I suspect that he will be playing some of his fringe players against us if he has a decent first leg against Atletico. Cole, Fat Frank, Mikel, Luis, Torres, Salah may all get 90 minutes. If I see these names on the teamsheet they will be looking for a 0-1 smash and grab at best. Looking at his results in away games against other teams in the top seven the highest scoring was a 1-1 at Spurs. Two 0-0, 1-0 and 0-1 being the other results. Overall they have failed to score in six of their away games and scored 1 in another four.

If we can get a couple of early goals I think we will be OK.

They have only scored 24 goals away from home all season with ten of them coming against teams in the bottom four.

Bit worrying that all of his second stringers (except Salah who I assume is cup tied?) are playing tonight. It can only suggest that he is going to go for us with everything he has got on Sunday.

Fucking knobhead. I really don't understand his logic - risk a Cl semi for an outside stab at the title. It can only be an act of bile and spite to stop us winning the title.

Bit worrying that all of his second stringers (except Salah who I assume is cup tied?) are playing tonight. It can only suggest that he is going to go for us with everything he has got on Sunday.

Fucking knobhead. I really don't understand his logic - risk a Cl semi for an outside stab at the title. It can only be an act of bile and spite to stop us winning the title.

It really does look like that, Oscar and Schurle on the bench today. Matic is cup tied. Ivanovic will be back too as he is suspended.

Could do with Athletico Madrid scoring a goal.

Are you surprised? I said that beating us would be his priority - it's just the type of character he is. He'll be off down the touchline if they beat us, guaranteed. It'll be seen as righteous vengeance for 2005.

He's been injured, but he's very close and I'm sure he'll be back at the weekend. 

I think it'll depend on tonight. If he's still in with a shout in the 2nd leg I think Hazard will return then. Maybe  10/20 min cameo at the weekend. 

Lampard and Mikel suspended for the second leg against Atletico. Cech injured. Terry injured enough to miss Sunday but return on Wednesday, I suspect. Matic and Salah ineligible for European matches. Ramires likely to be banned tomorrow.

Sunday: Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta, Matic, Lampard, Mikel, Oscar, Salah, Ba?

Henderson willbe missed for this one, players like Willian and Oscar are quick and I'm got sure Allen or Lucas quite have the legs to match them.

I think Sterling will have to do it, he'll be tasked with chasing back to help out against those players, which isn't ideal, obviously.

--------------------mig-------------------

Flanno---Skrtel-----Sakho---Johnson

-------------------Gerrard-----------------

---Sterling---------------------Allen------

--------------------Coutinho---------------

----------Suarez-----------Sturridge------

Can we even play the fabled 'two and a one' these days? Has it worked with Gerrard and a partner as deep midfielders?

Henderson willbe missed for this one, players like Willian and Oscar are quick and I'm got sure Allen or Lucas quite have the legs to match them.

I think Sterling will have to do it, he'll be tasked with chasing back to help out against those players, which isn't ideal, obviously.

--------------------mig-------------------

Flanno---Skrtel-----Sakho---Johnson

-------------------Gerrard-----------------

---Sterling---------------------Allen------

--------------------Coutinho---------------

----------Suarez-----------Sturridge------

Can we even play the fabled 'two and a one' these days? Has it worked with Gerrard and a partner as deep midfielders?

we could but we wont

Lampard and Mikel suspended for the second leg against Atletico. Cech injured. Terry injured enough to miss Sunday but return on Wednesday, I suspect. Matic and Salah ineligible for European matches. Ramires likely to be banned tomorrow.

Sunday: Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Cahill, David Luiz, Azpilicueta, Matic, Lampard, Mikel, Oscar, Salah, Ba?

Eto'o Injured or suspended?

If not, Id expect that cunt to start, other than that i think that's what we'll see. Possibly Hazard to be given 45.

Looks about right to me give or take the odd player.  A bit annoying how whenever someone is injured they have a quality replacement, apart from Schwarzer who's a step down from Cech.  They may lack depth on the bench.  They'll still be able to put a decent team out because of their huge squad, but the injuries and cumulative fatigue might help swing it our way.  Is my take on it. 

Gonna be tough Sunday we just have to stay calm if say we do for once go in 0-0 at half time....no time to panic and the fans can play their part if that does happen.......

We can't be two up inside the first 15 in every game...although just once more on Sunday would be nice.