You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

The only thing that was weird about the game was that Chelsea (needing a win) were time wasting from the 1st minute. What would have happened if we had gone defensive? Would they have just looked at us passing the ball around our back 4 and let it go to a 0-0 - Mourinho is a myth, fuck him and fuck Chelsea.

Mourinho is a twat but he's not myth. Football is primarily about winning games and winning trophies, and Mourinho's CV is undeniably extremely impressive. Chelsea came to Anfield to frustrate us, defend in numbers and nick a goal or two against the run of play. Job done.

• Upvote 1

Mourinho is a twat but he's not myth. Football is primarily about winning games and winning trophies, and Mourinho's CV is undeniably extremely impressive. Chelsea came to Anfield to frustrate us, defend in numbers and nick a goal or two against the run of play. Job done.

I respect what he did at Porto, but his CV is littered with trophies and millions spent to aquire them. 

They didn't think they needed a win and weren't playing for it.

As for parking th bus - shit teams have done it for decades - cuz they are shit.

Now a 180mil pound starting 11 does it and it is a tactical masterclass.

West ham fans want allardyce out for this football even though he had met their goals well before the end of the season, Sam is labeled as a long ball merchant while Jose is called a tactical genius.

West ham fans want allardyce out for this football even though he had met their goals well before the end of the season, Sam is labeled as a long ball merchant while Jose is called a tactical genius.

West Ham fans want their team to play attractive football, winning games comes secondary.

Let's see how hard he thumps his badge when he is shown the door trophyless at the end of the season. The cunt 

That'd be a nice consolation.

He'd probably go out next season and spend about £100 Million on new talent and teach them how to defend like fuck.

I don't think we were that naive - at 0-0 just before the break, a draw was still very much on the cards, and I think Rodgers may have allowed us to ease back. But then.....

Once that happened, we had to go for the goal, and we simply weren't good enough against a team build to withstand attacks. We were impatient and Gerrard had a total nightmare trying to make up for his mistake.

No slip, and we'd more than likely be talking about that 0-0 draw now.

This is exactly correct.

It's not like we were balls out attacking from the first minute. We were playing our normal way ie. keeping possession, working openings, and trying to score. In no way did we leave ourselves open to the counter attack. It was actually a very mature performance.

That was until they scored.

After that, we had to push. Gerrard had more shots from outside the box in the second half yesterday than the whole of the rest of the season.

If they'd not scored, they'd have had to attack us in the second half as a draw was no good to them. We'd have hockeyed them if they ever came out of their half!

Everything that could've went right for that slimey cunt Sunday went right for him. That's not tactical genius. It's fucking pot luck.

• Upvote 1

Remember Duff and Robben under Ranieri and then watch them under Maureen. Different players. Give him a year and he'll fuck up Oscar, Schurrle, Hazard and Willian.

Credit where credit is due, he's a winner and his CV is marvellous, but he won't be remembered as a true great. Much as I hate to say it, Fergie was not just a great manager, but he had his teams try and play good football.

If I could rep you 5 times for relating this above comment, A, I would.

Between you and Dave U's match report, I can't believe how much I've genuinely and heartily laughed in the face of temporary tragedy.

YNWA.

Glad it helped a little. Time is a healer, laughter provides a bandage.

• Upvote 1

You know when a robot gets given a logical paradox and its head explodes?  That pretty much happened to me this morning, when I heard that Chelsea had won the LMA "Performance of the Week" award for that fucking anti-football disgrace.  I was thinking that they must be giving awards out sarcastically.  But then I saw who actually chooses it...

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7387.html

The League Managers Association five-man Performance of the Week panel, comprising LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, were in agreement that this week, the LMA Performance of the Week Award should go to Chelsea following their excellent 2-0 away win against Liverpool in the Barclays Premier League on 27 April 2014.

That's right - three small-club, defensive, boring no-marks and two Liverpool-haters.  Suddenly it all makes sense.

You know when a robot gets given a logical paradox and its head explodes?  That pretty much happened to me this morning, when I heard that Chelsea had won the LMA "Performance of the Week" award for that fucking anti-football disgrace.  I was thinking that they must be giving awards out sarcastically.  But then I saw who actually chooses it...

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/news/news-7387.html

The League Managers Association five-man Performance of the Week panel, comprising LMA Chairman Howard Wilkinson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Joe Royle, Dave Bassett and Barry Fry, were in agreement that this week, the LMA Performance of the Week Award should go to Chelsea following their excellent 2-0 away win against Liverpool in the Barclays Premier League on 27 April 2014.

That's right - three small-club, defensive, boring no-marks and two Liverpool-haters.  Suddenly it all makes sense.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/managers/pow-archive.html

We've only won it twice this season - for the victories against Spurs and Arsenal, and despite all the record breaking matches at the toilet this season, only WBA and Spurs were given it for winning there.

Sky referring to this as a tactical masterclass what a fucking farce. Its like inheriting vast wealth buying up a load of shit housing and being called a property genius or entrepreneur because you could afford to be a shite hawk low level business fucktard with no decency just a fucking bastard with a bastards eyes and giving it the big i am because of course all riches are hard earnt you fucking welly in a tree. It was no masterclass it was using massive resources in a way only a limited mind can. The mans a tramp.

• Upvote 2