You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Agreed on the ref. Didn't get any big decisions wrong, but allowed some of the most tedious anti football shithousery for the entire game. I reckon 10 minutes of the 97 was taken up by their goal kicks.

It pays to waste time because it is never added back on. Could have easily played two 52/53 halves today.

Nothing's changed that much.

Did we think City were going to drop points at Goodison and that we had to beat Palace and Newcastle? I'd say 9 out of 10 held that belief. And also seen it as a totally plausible set of results.

If that happens, we win the league. Just got to keep believing until it's a definite, mathematic impossibility.

Be strong, compatriots.

• Upvote 1

Everton have only lost 2 games at home all season. If their players approach next week like a normal game, I'd says its about 50/50 on City dropping points. If they approach it the way the majority of their fanbase will, we're in big trouble. The one silver lining is that it's Martinez and not Moyes in charge or else we would be well and truly fucked.

Anyone noticed that we kept trying to over-engineer our corners. Just whip an in-swinging cross in.

12 corners I think we had and skrtel didnt get near any of them. we ve been great from set pieces too but gerrard only took maybe half the corners. shite day, ah well.

I might not be a pirate, but I do have an Anaconda type penis, unlike the London ladyboys.

"Ohhh Jose aaawwww did you read what Jose said, aaaaw Joseee, aaah Jose".

I might emigrate to Scotland just to vote for Independence.

Now elaborate on your love of bastards. What is about them that makes them so attractive to  males living in south england?  is it that they are too girly and feel attracted to rude and cuntish type of celebrities?

I might not be a pirate, but I do have an Anaconda type penis, unlike the London ladyboys.

Now elaborate on your love of bastards. What is about them that makes them so attractive to males living in south england? is it that they are too girly and feel attracted to rude and cuntish type of celebrities?

This is genius level WUMMING, in which you have carefully noted the behaviours and loyalties of your audience.

so? I wouldn't rather lose

The fucking neck on the press praising this as a huge victory for Mourinho's footballing genius is appalling, and it's to the detriment of the sport. Getting three points by shoving a bunch of multi-million pound footballers behind the ball and telling them to hoof it long benefits who, exactly? It's appalling from a footballing standpoint. We have all this money in the game and the only theoretical justification from a ticket-buyer's point of view is that the cash they front is going in to making the game more of a spectacle. But as long as the three points is enough to bring praise, it isn't, is it? What are we paying for if the apex of the game is the best players on the planet playing 6-3-1?

He's done it before against Barca with both Chelsea, Inter, and Real, and he did it again with us today. To be honest, it is enormous achievement to even be in the position to be that sort of club. The idea that it ought to be rewarded with adulation, however, isn't so easy to stomach. There was no beauty in watching them today, and there never is. Regrettably, though, we've become the kind of culture that embraces the sum and not the workings. 

• Upvote 1

I might not be a pirate, but I do have an Anaconda type penis, unlike the London ladyboys.

Now elaborate on your love of bastards. What is about them that makes them so attractive to  males living in south england?  is it that they are too girly and feel attracted to rude and cuntish type of celebrities?

Wouldn't know about Southerners as I live in Liverpool but you would probably be well liked down there with your reptile like rod. You'd like Scotland too. If you do the backstroke in Loch Ness you'll be famous.

• Upvote 1

Roman will get bored and fire him next season, rumour is that 'the special one' convinced him that it's a two year job to get Chelsea back to winning the title. When he realises yet again that it's just West Ham on steroids rather Barcelona or Bayern, he'll show him the door again.

Footballing genius? They probably mean Anti-Footballing genius,

but that's alright because he manages Chelsea, a club owned by an oligarch billionaire who robbed and sells his country's natural resources and who nevertheless so conveniently pours money into the London economy.

How can you compete with that?

The fucking neck on the press praising this as a huge victory for Mourinho's footballing genius is appalling, and it's to the detriment of the sport. Getting three points by shoving a bunch of multi-million pound footballers behind the ball and telling them to hoof it long benefits who, exactly? It's appalling from a footballing standpoint. We have all this money in the game and the only theoretical justification from a ticket-buyer's point of view is that the cash they front is going in to making the game more of a spectacle. But as long as the three points is enough to bring praise, it isn't, is it? What are we paying for if the apex of the game is the best players on the planet playing 6-3-1?

He's done it before against Barca with both Chelsea, Inter, and Real, and he did it again with us today. To be honest, it is enormous achievement to even be in the position to be that sort of club. The idea that it ought to be rewarded with adulation, however, isn't so easy to stomach. There was no beauty in watching them today, and there never is. Regrettably, though, we've become the kind of culture that embraces the sum and not the workings.

I'm not impressed by them at all and I hope Atletico destroy them I'm just saying I would of took 1-0 to us even if we were shite and it was our only shot on goal and they had 50 shots

I'm just glad that they lost to Sunderland and this wasn't decisive for them, imagine that?

Footballing genius? They probably mean Anti-Footballing genius,

but that's alright because he manages Chelsea, a club owned by an oligarch billionaire who robbed and sells his country's natural resources and who nevertheless so conveniently pours money into the London economy.

How can you compete with that?

Rob his Yacht ?

Palace away will be a very tough game especially after the deflation of today's loss.

I think it depends on how City get on. It's massively unlikely, but if they slip up against Everton and throw it back into our hands, I think the team will cope okay. If City, as they almost definitely will, beat Everton, I have a feeling we'll have to settle for third place this season.

Just seen Brendan and Jose sharing a laugh mid way through the first half. Just when all us supporters are getting worked up about the game we're watching, going mental at both the Maddie Killer's tactics and our inability to counter them effectively, we see that old mates put this fucking, cunting, twatting, fuckpig game into perspective. 

I'm upset...............................................but fuck off, Brendan. It's your job, but it's our life!

City beat Everton and it's over. I don't see West Ham or Villa (both in awful form currently) taking points off City.

Hopefully Villa need points and do a Sunderland and West Ham give a good showing on what could be fat Sam's last match in charge. Not likely of course, but who imagined Sunderland getting a point at City? 

The Everton game is key though, win that and there's no chance they'll drop points with 2 home games left.