You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Only in your sad little country this portuguese cunt got any praise and respect for his unsporting behaviour and his pathetic, disgusting antifootball tactics. He never got any respect in Italy or Spain, that's why he returned to sad little england. That's why the old drunk ignored him for the united job

I like the optimism but can't get away from thinking that was it today. The shite will be cheering City on next week now they won't finish fourth. With Villa playing Hull next they could have three teams with nothing to play for after today. Don't do it to yourselves.

Proud of our team's efforts this season whatever happens but if I said I thought we'd do it from now I'd be lying.

I guess I'm just more of an optimist. For me, the pressure is still on City. I just don't see Everton lying down and getting beat. It's just not that simple. We played Blackburn knowing if they beat us Man Utd would lose the league. What happened? Oh yeah, we had absolutely fuck all to play for as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Only in your sad little country this portuguese cunt got any praise and respect for his unsporting behaviour and his pathetic, disgusting antifootball tactics. He never got any respect in Italy or Spain, that's why he returned to sad little england. That's why the old drunk ignored him for the united job

You can fuck off too!

Only in your sad little country this portuguese cunt got any praise and respect for his unsporting behaviour and his pathetic, disgusting antifootball tactics. He never got any respect in Italy or Spain, that's why he returned to sad little england. That's why the old drunk ignored him for the united job

Which country are you from cuntchops?

I guess I'm just more of an optimist. For me, the pressure is still on City. I just don't see Everton lying down and getting beat. It's just not that simple. We played Blackburn knowing if they beat us Man Utd would lose the league. What happened? Oh yeah, we had absolutely fuck all to play for as well.

I hope you're right. I'm pinning no faith on it but I tend to be pessimistic when it comes to football.

24 years of hope feel like they were shattered today. I'm old enough to feel that pain and can't look at the progress we've made on last year. It was that close! I know it's not over, but it's out of our hands and it wasn't this morning.

Mourning is a horrible individual - brilliant in many ways, but still classless and a million miles away from a footballing genius. He had a plan and it worked but it was nothing like football. It was like watching Bolton under Allerdyce.

We were off the pace today - the balls didn't fall right - our touches weren't right - but that was all down to his plan. He took the pace out of the game, knowing that we play best when we play at pace. Allerdyce! Ironic that he so berated him not so long ago.

If we have blown it then good luck City - I just hope Chelsea never win a thing again - they deserve nothing.

I am 45 today. Worst birthday of my life. The only saving grace is that I gave my ticket away to someone who had to fly back from Turkey especially for that game!

Tomorrow maybe things will look different, but don't even bother trying to show me a silver lining in this particular cloud today. I have to take the family out now for my birthday and try to look interested!

I hate Mourinho!

• Upvote 1

Not gonna say a bad word about any of our players or the manager. They left everything on the pitch, ran their arses off for 90+ whatever that cunt added. They kept trying. They have given us the most enjoyable season in ages, and there is still two games of football left to be played.

Not gonna say anything on Mourinho apart from that i hate his character and the football he stands for.

The referee though, how the fuck does he justify waiting until the 92' minute to show a yellow card for time wasting?

When it's all they have done for the entire fucking game? All he fucking did was point at his watch, and Chelsea couldnt give a fuck whatever he added, their goal was to interrupt the tempo of the game, not to get the minutes to go by, you daft fucking cunt.

did we miss a trick today by pushing for the win? a draw was a better result for us. could we have said 'if you re gonna defend deep then we re just gonna play in front of you and not commit too many forward and see if we can nick one' seems we knew what they were going to do but we played into their hands a bit. gerrards mistake isnt something either would have foreseen but could we have put to pressure on them by saying you have to win so come on.

I d rather have the points but we could be 3rd by the time we play palace next monday.

fucking monday night football too.

fair play to whiskeyjar as well for the great run of match threads.

• Upvote 2

So tell me, what is about the London based media and the eunichs there licking the Portuguese's dirty arshe? is it too high levels of oestrogens in the region that makes Mourinho type bullying, psychologically disturbed cunts attractive?

Have you ever thought why his approach never got him any respect in Spain and Italy while he is appreciated so much in sad little england?.

Not gonna say a bad word about any of our players or the manager. They left everything on the pitch, ran their arses off for 90+ whatever that cunt added. They kept trying. They have given us the most enjoyable season in ages, and there is still two games of football left to be played.

Not gonna say anything on Mourinho apart from that i hate his character and the football he stands for.

The referee though, how the fuck does he justify waiting until the 92' minute to show a yellow card for time wasting?

When it's all they have done for the entire fucking game? All he fucking did was point at his watch, and Chelsea couldnt give a fuck whatever he added, their goal was to interrupt the tempo of the game, not to get the minutes to go by, you daft fucking cunt.

You are spot on there. A yellow card in the first half and they would have had to think twice - maybe even run the risk of a red given the number of cards they picked up for fouls. Ref did not help today for sure. But we should never rely on the ref so I won't lay all the blame at his door.

So tell me, what is about the London based media and the eunichs there licking the Portuguese's dirty arshe? is it too high levels of oestrogens in the region that makes Mourinho type bullying, psychologically disturbed cunts attractive?

Have you ever thought why his approach never got him any respect in Spain and Italy while he is appreciated so much in sad little england?.

Because we love bastards.

Poor show but this was always gonna be a huge ask. They're like Marvel supervillain versions of Wimbledon and a definite bogey team. City would have to win all their remaining games, that's still a massive ask, all we can do is win our two, that's all we can do. If they draw today it's in our hands again, let's see what happens before we get the razor blade sandwiches out. Fucking hate that club though and their manager, they do actually put me off football, and I'm not exaggerating there. They're pure poison, on the pictch, in the stands, in the dugout, the dressing room and in the boardroom

Huge ask is right. 11 successive victories was a huge number and the team had really played above themselves to keep that going. We only, really, have about 14 first team players and that's just not sustainable at the business end of the season.

I don't think we did a lot wrong today, relatively speaking. We probably should have been more patient and deliberate in our passing, keeping the ball moving until we could get a 1V1 situation, or even just to tire them out for when we introduced Sturridge. That said, we've raced to the top of the league by doing exactly the opposite of that and so it's not entirely fair to criticise something we've had enormous results doing, nor is it realistic to think we would just abandon our style of play. Maybe, that ability to adapt, that type of seasoning, comes next year.

Also, we were up against a world class team, with a world class manager, who had decided that they were not going to engage us. They were going to put 10 men on the edge if their box and stay there, indefinitely. It was like when Moe warned Homer "Now no matter how much he hits you, you don't do nothin' okay? You don't wanna get drawn into a boxing match here." It's very hard to beat a quality team when they decide to do that; you need some luck, or some skill late in the game, not, say, Iago Aspas.

None of that makes today any easier, which is why I'm going to bed.

• Upvote 3

Now its digested, it was amazing that a manager and squad that has cost upwards of half a billion resorted to time wasting and 10 behind the ball in the end. He can thump his chest all he wants but if that's your legacy and you can sleep easy then fine. I'd rather take the ups and downs of a team put together on a mere pittance in comparison.

It does feel like we have missed our chance today. One huge mistake will likely to have cost us the title from a great position. Once they went 1-0 up they were never going to move the bus.

If that wouldnt have happened the game would have petered out in a 0-0 second half and we would have still been in control.

I don't understand people criticising that the forward line. Facing two banks of four, sitting deep was always going to be difficult.

As Aspas at least he showed some urgency when he came on. Usual scapegoats appear when he have games like this.

did we miss a trick today by pushing for the win? a draw was a better result for us. could we have said 'if you re gonna defend deep then we re just gonna play in front of you and not commit too many forward and see if we can nick one' seems we knew what they were going to do but we played into their hands a bit. gerrards mistake isnt something either would have foreseen but could we have put to pressure on them by saying you have to win so come on.

I d rather have the points but we could be 3rd by the time we play palace next monday.

fucking monday night football too.

fair play to whiskeyjar as well for the great run of match threads.

This looks correct in hindsight. I said this to my mate on the way back.

We could have tried to out-timewaste them. The ref wouldn't have known what to do.