You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Too many players bottled it today, dr Steve obviously ain't as great as made out.

This should have been our year, the optimstic fans will say we will build but things haven't gone great after our recent pl challenges.

Someone neg this ungrateful cunt. You don't deserve to support LFC

• Upvote 1

Too many players bottled it today, dr Steve obviously ain't as great as made out.

This should have been our year, the optimstic fans will say we will build but things haven't gone great after our recent pl challenges.

It's been an oustanding run to even put ourselves in contention. In truth we've been slowly running out of steam for the last few games. We really missed Hendo today, Sturridge has been injured and lost a bit of form.etc

He's a cunt and I can't stand his brand of football but they're a fucking effective side and it is something we'd need to add to our game.

Don't be so pessimistic. We'll definitely finish in the top 4 next season.

Poor game management today. Why worry about a Chelsea side five points behind in the league time wasting? A draw would've done us fine. We shouldve done exactly the same and took a 0-0 draw.

Not over yet though, Man City can still drop points.

This season is gone, but I think we need to see how next year goes before being too down about our title chances going forward. If, for instance, we don't really challenge for the title but still get into the top 4, that should afford another year to see if we can recover. We don't want to end up like Arsenal where perpetual CL football in lieu of silverware is the be all and end all, but we also don't want to be too hasty, especially as we're ahead of where we could have reasonably expected to be this time.

On the other hand, if we fall away completely, bigger questions will need to be asked. 

• Downvote 1

The league isn't over yet. We've done brilliantly to put in a challenge which absolutely none of us expected. We've qualified for the CL. We have a good team and a good manager. Financially we are ok.

Lets not forget the positives. We've come a long way over the last few years. This year may not be our year, but its been a brilliant ride and I thank the club for that.

• Upvote 2

fucking disgrace that they got anything playing like that, fucking cunts, don't reckon we'll win the league now but praying we win both games and City slip up somewhere, and if we don't win it please don't let it be those alehouse wankers and that utter fucking cockstain Mourinho

I genuinely can't believe that. Dropping 3 points at home at this stage is bad enough, but to do it to such a disgusting, snide, cynical, defensive, utter abortion of a plastic football club and their deluded tramp of a manager is horrible.

Chelsea. If I supported a pathetic institution like that, I'd hang myself from the ceiling.

• Upvote 3

Poor game management today. Why worry about a Chelsea side five points behind in the league time wasting? A draw would've done us fine. We shouldve done exactly the same and took a 0-0 draw.

Not over yet though, Man City can still drop points.

That's the disappointment for me. We didn't need to do anything today. Sit back and give a counter attacking side lots of possession. The onus was on them to push, a point would have been fine.

Hard to know how to react. We got done by a mistake and when we pushed on we left ourselves open.May as well lose 2 nil as 1. We HAVE to pick ourselves up now lads. It's gone,just like our wins. All we can do is win our next 2 and see if that's enough. It's been rough last few weeks and losing it now will be devastating. But we go again as they say. Come on you reds.

Joses the kind of brickie I`d like building fucking walls for me. Gutted but we were beat by the better team today, shit football but it worked, we will need a bit of luck now to win the league.. c`mon Pulis and Roberto.

Whatever happens its been the best season Ive watched for a while and weve still got CL next year.

Tactically inept. tday, we had a week to prepare for this bullshit we would have to face and we failed miserably. Our captain appears over-stressed and his nerves are influencing the rest of the players. We don't seem to be enjoying the games as much as we did 5-6 games ago.

If only the owners hadn't been GIANT CUNTS and added a couple of new quality players to enable us to cope with injuries and suspensions.

Having said all that, chelsea are fucking disgusting, they are an embarrassment for football and so are the London media who glorify their horrendous approach. Their hypocrisy licking Abramovich arse while accusing Putin's foreign policy, is disturbing. England, the land of hypocricy, fuck off.

• Downvote 1

How am I ungrateful? Is this not the match thread for the Chelsea game? If we are discussing the season we have done very well if we are talking about todays game we were poor, its not like we were surprised Chelsea would play this way.

For you to call out Stevie like you so casually do is fucking disgraceful. Did he have a fantastic game? No. You show zero perspective of where we currently are. To you, it's moment to moment, and today Stevie made a mistake. But, w/o him we'd be 5th or worse this season and you'd be pissing and moaning about an entirely different set of inane things.