You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

had a feeling stevie would miss a pen today but his mistake was probably worse than that.

suarez chance at the end was the gudjohnsen moment in 05 only the other way round.

biggest compliment you can pay us is that chelsea basically did to us what they did to barca at nou camp in 2012. they knew they couldnt go toe to toe so they defended deep and tried to win on counter attack or set plays or a mistake.

still top of the league though.

palace will be something similar to chelsea so we need to find away to beat blanket defence.

Oh, and I'll drive Iago Aspas to the airport myself. Don't even have a driving licence.

Yeah seriously after his bitching, he never wears a Liverpool shirt again. OK I know I'm picking on someone.

Despite todays defeat it's been an outstanding season and unbeaten run. Feels like we handed over the momentum today but City still have alot to do.

I was shitting myself over this game more than any other just fearing they'd do a number on us. If there was one game where I'd hoped we'd be a bit more pragmatic, sit behind the ball and invite them on to us and settle for a point but that's just not in our DNA.

I thought we actually played alright, with a couple of exceptions. It was always going to be very hard to break down a team set up like that. We just got mugged by a horrible team playing horrible, negative footie. We needed one of our big players to step up and produce a moment of magic but they just didn't do it.

A big concern for the coming matches is that our strikers are completly out of form. Suarez invisible today, Sturridge couldn't contribute anything. None of them has been great for a few weeks, but it's been hidden by Sterlings' excellence.    

Fat Sam would have been attacked for a month if one of his teams played like that. Chelsea do what those cunts do, and we had no answer to it.

He's even more defensive than the last time he was in England. There has never been a more snidey team, than a shitcoat team.

A big concern for the coming matches is that our strikers are completly out of form. Suarez invisible today, Sturridge couldn't contribute anything. None of them has been great for a few weeks, but it's been hidden by Sterlings' excellence.    

Chelsea are the masters of bore. There will be more chances in those games. 

Lack of transfer activity in January finally catching up with us? All we had was Aspas to change the game unfortunately. I'm blaming the MD.

No we're not, the title ship has sailed. A huge weight has been lifted from City's shoulders, and there's no way that doesn't see them over the line.

Even if, by some miracle, they drop a point, the pressure on our players has become that much greater. Away at Palace is hardly the game you want to try to recover from a humiliating defeat against an XI who'd never set foot on a pitch together.

As of today, we're no more likely to win the title this season than we were last year. The possibility just lasted longer this time.

You've got the perfect username

How did Schwarzer not get a single fucking booking when every fucking goal kick had Atkinson the useless cunt pointing at his watch??? That they then benefit directly from the cunthouse tactics makes it even worse.

Too many players bottled it today, dr Steve obviously ain't as great as made out.

This should have been our year, the optimstic fans will say we will build but things haven't gone great after our recent pl challenges.

Fuck off.