You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

It looks to me like sturridge definitly wont be starting, if anyone saw that interview where he was supposed to have let slip he could be back he actually said something about if he comes on and not about starting.

I would much prefer him available from the start but on the bench is better then nothing.

I hope he starts. Him and raheem to utilise their pace to get behind the chelsea bus and ensure that we have a solid start as per usual. Anyway, he was supposed to be near fitness for the norwich game, he should be fit for this one

Good old Ronnie........

Ronnie O'Sullivan said he had put Liverpool's Premier League title quest ahead of his own needs after battling his way into the quarter-finals of the World Snooker Championship. The defending champion turned on the power to beat Joe Perry 13-11 after flirting with defeat for much of the match.

He revealed he had benefited from a chat with the psychiatrist Dr Steve Peters after telling him not to travel to Sheffield earlier in the week so he could concentrate on his work with the football club.

O'Sullivan told the BBC: "Liverpool are going for the Premier League and I know how important that is for him and for the Liverpool people. I have got friends from Liverpool and it would be so great if they can do it, so I'm mindful that I don't want to take all his time up.

"I said: 'That's more important, I'm going to be OK,' but really I made a mistake. I could have done with him here on Thursday. But he said he's not going to make that mistake again, he's going to be around a bit more now."

O'Sullivan, who trailed 9-7 overnight and 11-9 at the mid-session interval, rattled off four successive frames as he hit top form to book his place in the quarter-finals. The title favourite made no mistake to capitalise on a series of errors by Perry, producing masterful back-to-back century breaks to clinch victory as he gradually turned the screw.

• Upvote 1

Playing mind games with a footballer would consist of writing 'pto' on either side of a bit of paper. Playing mind games with a bird, now that is some serious warfare.

On that Daily Heil article,. Suarez getting pissed off over a point at head tennis, the man is hilarious. My cousins the same, he once tried to change his flight home when I beat him at pool on holiday, saying I was playing 'stupid scouse rules'.

And it's obviously nothing serious, most players and staff look very amused. I do recommend reading the captions on that story for a bit of a laugh, if you've finished laughing at Everton.

most likely ear flicking going on based on who lost. suarez and skrtel probably arguing for a point in head tennis so they can flick the ears. most likely nothing story

lots of snide tickets going round apparently. Be careful if your trying your luck outside.

Police warn Liverpool fans not to be tempted by ticket touts
• Chelsea game tickets touted at up to £10,000 for a pair
• Home games against Chelsea and Newcastle long sold out
Share 22

inShare
Email
Owen Gibson
Follow @owen_gFollow @guardian_sport
The Observer, Saturday 26 April 2014 15.37 BST
Liverpool fans
Liverpool fans have been warned about illegal sellers before the potential title decider against Chelsea at Anfield on Sunday. Photograph: Russell Cheyne/Reuters
Merseyside police have warned Liverpool fans desperate to see their team take a decisive step towards their first title for 24 years against Chelsea not to be tempted by illegal sellers, with tickets for the match being touted at up to £10,000 for a pair.

Various online ticket resale sites are asking upwards of £600 per ticket to see Sunday's title decider, despite the resale of football tickets being illegal. Craigslist features adverts from sellers purporting to have tickets in their hand, on offer for up to £5,000 each, together with various warnings from those who claim to have been scammed at previous matches by touts supplying fake tickets.

The Chelsea match, and the final home game of the season, against Newcastle, are long since sold out.

The resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 of the 1994 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act. Unlike other sporting and music events, at which resale is merely a breach of the terms and conditions and can lead to a buyer being refused entry, the resale of football tickets is a criminal offence.

That has not stopped a vibrant market springing up around Premier League matches, in an era when many are sold out well in advance to season ticket holders and club members. As well as touts looking for business around the grounds official looking websites are claiming to offer tickets to domestic and international buyers.

In the run up to the London Olympics, for which the resale of tickets was also illegal under special legislation, police targeted a number of football matches in a bid to weed out those who might target the Games.

Some clubs have arrangements with authorised secondary ticketing sites such as Viagogo and StubHub, allowing fans to resell unwanted tickets on an authorised platform. But those clubs who have allowed fans to do so at a profit have been accused of muddying the waters and effectively condoning "legalised touting".

The police on Merseyside warned fans against buying tickets from anywhere other than official sources and reiterated that all remaining home games at Anfield were sold out.

"Merseyside police works closely with both its Premier League clubs to eradicate the unlawful sale of tickets," a statement said.

"We would urge people to only purchase tickets from official outlets as tickets purchased from non-official sources may not be valid or allow access. In addition, the remaining Liverpool home games are sold out and valid tickets are no longer available."

Anybody else hearing this mad rumour that Shitcoat isn't travelling to Anfield for the game tomorrow?

Surely not? But I wouldn't put it past him either.

Yeah, I posted the very same above then edited it. Surely a twitter or some such bullshit rumour.