You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

I was going to make a post as its just struck me the damage Torres can now do to us  :s  

Ill stick it on her as i dont want to be sensationalist, but fuck, if he got the winner (and you know he'd celebrate it as well now the c*nt) an it let city back in and cost us the title... it doesnt bear thinking about... but ive been waiting for him to hurt us the last few years, you know how an ex player always does, but its never come. hes been worse then piss poor in any games we've played since he left, but christ... what it would mean to hit us know.? I mean what do people think, would he be happy to see us fail now he's left and we've judas'd him even if he wasnt winning himself? or do you think he want us to win it over city after that bullshit article about still havin love for the club an fans?

Nurse, quickly give this man some drugs, can't you see he's in pain?

The loss of Terry is a big psychological blow for them especially in the cauldron of Anfield. We really need to get that early goal and we can have it in the bag.

Agreed but I think they will come at us on Sunday. Mourinho will try something unexpected. He mugged City when he went there and they had no answer. The injuries to Mongo and Cech are a bonus but they will still have a strong motivated side out  and they will try and press us high up and get us defending deep. The way sit so deep off at the back under pressure wont have been lost on him..  Brendan needs to really savvy and get a rocket under Skrtel and Sakho  to push out.  Anyone got an update on our injury situation ?

The loss of Terry is a big psychological blow for them especially in the cauldron of Anfield. We really need to get that early goal and we can have it in the bag.

I'll believe Terry is out when I see it. Mourinho is full of shit.

They couldn't have made a diagnosis that quickly.

I do agree with Mourinho about the PL, though. They hamper teams in the CL by not moving games.

I'll believe Terry is out when I see it. Mourinho is full of shit.

They couldn't have made a diagnosis that quickly.

I do agree with Mourinho about the PL, though. They hamper teams in the CL by not moving games.

Hero, leader, captain, home wrecker wouldn't have come off last night unless he was fucked. Fucked + 4 days recovery = still fucked. Mind you if he wants to follow  Vincent Kompany's lead and play while unfit, then step on up John. 

If, God forbid, I was a Chelsea fan and he put out a weakened team on Sunday, I'd want his head on a spike.

He's just getting his excuses in. Play a weakened team and get beat - the Premier League's fault for scheduling the game when they did.

Play a full strength side and then lose against Atletico - the Premier League's fault for scheduling the game when they did.

He's full of shit anyway - Terry will play and it'll be the strongest side he can field.

• Upvote 1

Nah Terry wouldn't have come off unless he was fucked, plus him walking out of the tunnel wouldn't be that much of a psychological blow to us to warrent such smoke and mirrors, he's not Maradona. Loathe him as I do, Terry gives them grit and gets them pumped, he'd be a huge loss.

If, God forbid, I was a Chelsea fan and he put out a weakened team on Sunday, I'd want his head on a spike.

I hadn't thought of it this way. If a Liverpool manager tried this stunt (and I think this is inherent in your point), there'd be uproar from the fans. If Chelsea fans don't do the same, they might as well give up.

I hadn't thought of it this way. If a Liverpool manager tried this stunt (and I think this is inherent in your point), there'd be uproar from the fans. If Chelsea fans don't do the same, they might as well give up.

Tried what stunt? There is a massive possibility he'll fall between two stools if he doesn't prioritise one comp. He's got fuck all chance in the league, so I'd not be surprised to see him put all his eggs in the CL basket.

Tried what stunt? There is a massive possibility he'll fall between two stools if he doesn't prioritise one comp. He's got fuck all chance in the league, so I'd not be surprised to see him put all his eggs in the CL basket.

You can't see any stunt here? Seriously?

If the quotes from the new book are to be believed, he was more than willing to lose the second leg of the Copa semi to Barca in order to score cheap points against the officiating in the first leg. Strange that they should resurface this week.

It's all cheap bluffing and laying excuses. Set out a side that might squeak a result - If you win, you're a genius, if you lose, your point was proved.

I reckon he'll go with Schwarzer, Cole, Luiz, Cahill, Ivanovic, Matic, Mikel, Lampard, Salah, Oscar, Ba. Then give 20 minute cameos to Hazard and Eto'o for a bit of sharpness and an attempt to pinch it. The press might buy the line that they've got a weak squad and that's a second string, but it's a decent side.

• Upvote 1

The brinkmanship are you referring to? Or the actual possibility of him playing a weakened team against us?

Both. The idea that he needs to consult Abramovich is preposterous. The idea that the FA/Premier League should be bending over backwards to accommodate clubs playing in Europe is preposterous. Remember, it was the clubs who voted for a deal that puts 40% of the matches, including just about every game at the business end of the season, on live television. If Chelsea truly wanted to keep the latter stages of the season free to ensure sufficient gaps between PL and CL games, they should have used their undoubted clout to mean fewer games were on the telly so the upcoming game could have been played on Saturday morning instead of Southampton-Everton or Saturday evening instead of Man Utd-Norwich. Any congestion at this stage of the season is the result of the greed of the clubs, and to behave as if it has nothing to do with us guv is grade A bullshit and needs to be called out as such.

Both. The idea that he needs to consult Abramovich is preposterous. The idea that the FA/Premier League should be bending over backwards to accommodate clubs playing in Europe is preposterous. Remember, it was the clubs who voted for a deal that puts 40% of the matches, including just about every game at the business end of the season, on live television. If Chelsea truly wanted to keep the latter stages of the season free to ensure sufficient gaps between PL and CL games, they should have used their undoubted clout to mean fewer games were on the telly so the upcoming game could have been played on Saturday morning instead of Southampton-Everton or Saturday evening instead of Man Utd-Norwich. Any congestion at this stage of the season is the result of the greed of the clubs, and to behave as if it has nothing to do with us guv is grade A bullshit and needs to be called out as such.

Well, the weakened team against us, I would have no problem with. If we were out of the running for the league title, I would have no issues with our manager prioritising the CL. The brinkmanship, I would have, yes. But when my manager is continually a cunt, I would probably expect it.

The PL moving games isn't preposterous in my view either. Other leagues do it and ultimately it's to the benefit of everyone.

I don't think the issue is as clear cut as you've descibed here: "Remember, it was the clubs who voted for a deal that puts 40% of the matches, including just about every game at the business end of the season, on live television."

TV money is what keeps the league and the clubs competitive. It's a fine balance and ultimately everyone - TV, PL, clubs - should be pulling in the same direction. But, obviously, they won't be as everyone is out for themselves.

Well, the weakened team against us, I would have no problem with. If we were out of the running for the league title, I would have no issues with our manager prioritising the CL.

The PL moving games isn't preposterous in my view either. Other leagues do it and ultimately it's to the benefit of everyone.

The argument against is that moving the game would leave loads of fans out of pocket in rail and air fares already organised. Changing the fixtures at a week or two notice would be a issue

Nah Terry wouldn't have come off unless he was fucked, plus him walking out of the tunnel wouldn't be that much of a psychological blow to us to warrent such smoke and mirrors, he's not Maradona. Loathe him as I do, Terry gives them grit and gets them pumped, he'd be a huge loss.

I'm not sure Terry not playing is an advantage, he's got the turning circle of a tanker now given that he didn't have much pace to begin with and has got even slower. He hates playing against genuine pace. In reality he was always bailed out by Carvahlo during his pomp. A slightly knackered Terry would be even better.

Maureen is off already, playing the 'b' team on Sunday then? Agitating for the United job I assume.