You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Apr 20 2014)

WhiskeyJar

No complacency, total focus, control and skill, fire and energy!

This.

And no refereeing insanity.

And no injuries.

And no freak goals for Norwich.

And no... oh fuck it - I am bricking it myself.

Just one more big performance you red men. Come on.

It feels like years between games at the moment. Can't wait for this game but nervous as fuck at the same time.

As a red in his 20's, a question for older reds, when we were winning the league regularly, did the stress get easier?!

It was easier back then. If we somehow managed to loose it, we knew we'd come back and take it the next year. Now it feels like THIS is our chance.I hope and believe we'll be in the race next year too, but this season it's kind of written in the stars we'll take it. If we don't it doesn't feel like "oh well we'll do it next year then" Not at all. This is it!  Better take it now if we wnat to win it.

• Upvote 3

It was easier back then. If we somehow managed to loose it, we knew we'd come back and take it the next year. Now it feels like THIS is our chance.I hope and believe we'll be in the race next year too, but this season it's kind of written in the stars we'll take it. If we don't it doesn't feel like "oh well we'll do it next year then" Not at all. This is it! Better take it now if we wnat to win it.

Exactly...!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using Tapatalk

I just hope the players aren't as nervous as I am.

I also hope that they are focused on this game as intently as they have focused on each game this year. This is in fact a milestone game for us. With the other results tonight a win will mean that we achieve what BR stated was his aim for the season - CL qualification. Not only that but three points would guarantee that we will finish at least third and so avoid the qualification round.

For Sunday that is all we need to think about - three points and guaranteed CL group stages next season and with it some fantastic midweek nights at Anfield. I'm sure I am not the only one who has missed them.

Let's get the job done on Sunday. Everything else can wait until Monday........

You've spent too much time looking at the table, man. In reality, neither Everton nor Arsenal will make it to 78 points so we're already in the clear. And that's even assuming we lose our remaining games.

Trust me, when Stevie rallied the troops after the final whistle against Man City it wasn't CL qualification he was talking about.

I'm not normally nervous before games but I woke up twice last night and my first thoughts were about the Norwich game. It's just so close now isn't it? I haven't been able to let myself get carried away but we can actually fuckin do this!! I'm going to explode if we do. Just beat Norwich lads.

You've spent too much time looking at the table, man. In reality, neither Everton nor Arsenal will make it to 78 points so we're already in the clear. And that's even assuming we lose our remaining games.

Trust me, when Stevie rallied the troops after the final whistle against Man City it wasn't CL qualification he was talking about.

Arsenal winning their last four is not that much of a stretch imo. I don't dusagree with what you have written but this is exactly what we have not done this year. I think now is a bad time to be starting it. Let's get the job done on Sunday and then think about what else we can achieve on Monday.