You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham vs Liverpool (Sunday 6th of April 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Sterling absolutely tormented their defensive line in the match at Anfield. I'd like to see him start again, along with Coutinho. Allen was vital in that match as well, but we need someone who can stay close to Nolan and to stop anything from getting to Carroll either through the middle or out wide. Johnson should be up for this and starting to show a bit of form now that he's back in the starting line up.

I'd love to see us smack Allardyce right in his mashed potato faced masticating gob. Anything that will get the home crowd booing him again won't hurt either.

Every game is tough now.

Tough mentally, tough physically.

We will have to graft and fight out a win at some point- lately with the goals flying in early doors and other teams having to open up and let us play to our strengths it's all played in to our hand. (Well- we have made it play in to our hand)

Hope we can see off West Ham this week and go in to the game against ManC 4 points ahead and with pressure on them.

The dream lives on.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers likes playing a form team... I can't see him dropping Agger for Sakho, unless his training form is something special. I can see why we might consider that, but I can't see it happening. Cutting off the supply is easier said than done too when you consider 60 yard punts into the box will be the order of the day from WHU. 

I'd start with both Cou and Raheem... they'll be compact and sit deep... pace won't have a huge impact I don't think (though after his performance v Tottenham you couldn't drop Raheem), so the craftiness and ability to pick a through ball will be needed.

That's tough on Allen who's form recently has been good, but he's simply being outshone by others. 

For me, I'd also have Suarez in the middle & Sturridge wide... again as the space in behind isn't going to be huge, so a combo of Cou & Suarez with Sturridge, Henderson and Sterling creating runs around should be enough to unpick the locks at the Tower of London, never mind the Boleyn Grounds. 

Sterling absolutely tormented their defensive line in the match at Anfield. I'd like to see him start again, along with Coutinho. Allen was vital in that match as well, but we need someone who can stay close to Nolan and to stop anything from getting to Carroll either through the middle or out wide. Johnson should be up for this and starting to show a bit of form now that he's back in the starting line up.

I'd love to see us smack Allardyce right in his mashed potato faced masticating gob. Anything that will get the home crowd booing him again won't hurt either.

I like it.  

I said before we even played Spurs that I thought this would be a tougher game, and I really think it will be. Carroll will be a nightmare to defend against and they will no doubt try to kick the shit out of us when we get anywhere near their penalty area. I would us to absolutely smash them but I think it will be a tough game.

Lets stop with all this Carroll fearing shit, we had him here for long enough to know that if he hasn't got a cross planted on his head hes hopeless.

Downing needs to be watched and we have to avoid set pieces, other then that if the players turn up fully on it they have nothing to fear especially Carroll.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I honestly believe Southampton will take points from City, so lets keep doing our thing.

I agree, In fact when you look at it over the next 3 games if we beat West Ham and Southampton get at least a point of City then we beat City next week, we could be nine points ahead.  Yes they will have a game in hand but it will count for nothing with that much of a gap.  I'm going to remain positive anyway.

• Upvote 1

I really like the fact that St Brendan is talking up Lucas. Now lets be clear, ive never rated lucas but i think it time for him to step up on sunday. For me, the reason we got nothing against city away(poor offside decision aside) is we were missing Danny s and Stevie G. Stevie is 1 yellow away from missing city at home.We CANT risk it.We just cant.If he removes his shirt(fulham) kicks ball away(everton away few years back) hes missing the biggest game at home since chelsea champion league semi finals. Lucas for me should start and Stevie on the bench.

I really like the fact that St Brendan is talking up Lucas. Now lets be clear, ive never rated lucas but i think it time for him to step up on sunday. For me, the reason we got nothing against city away(poor offside decision aside) is we were missing Danny s and Stevie G. Stevie is 1 yellow away from missing city at home.We CANT risk it.We just cant.If he removes his shirt(fulham) kicks ball away(everton away few years back) hes missing the biggest game at home since chelsea champion league semi finals. Lucas for me should start and Stevie on the bench.

He won't be doing this - start the same 11, take him off after 60 minutes up 3 goals - peasy.

I agree, In fact when you look at it over the next 3 games if we beat West Ham and Southampton get at least a point of City then we beat City next week, we could be nine points ahead.  Yes they will have a game in hand but it will count for nothing with that much of a gap.  I'm going to remain positive anyway.

Lot of ifs and buts.....but it really is that simple.

Downing sounding a bit bitter today saying city are favourites for the title, yes hes entitled to his opinion but players normally show support for their mates at old clubs.Also said our front two our key, trying to say the rest not all that?

He is a player who cant produce when there is expectation on him, Sunday where whu are expected to lose is the kind of game he turns up for, GJ and Flanno need to be on their game.

Downing sounding a bit bitter today saying city are favourites for the title, yes hes entitled to his opinion but players normally show support for their mates at old clubs.

Surely we want the pressure to be piled on City and not us?

The elephant in the room. Steven Gerrard. Booking in this and he misses City.

Start him or bench him?

This.

Challenge over v City.

Carroll to get the winner, a cross from Downing.

The irony wont be lost on anybody.

Still, we cant complain: a much improved season under Rodgers, but obviously he'll move on to a big club, and Rafa will bring Torres back