You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham vs Liverpool (Sunday 6th of April 2014)

WhiskeyJar

I thought so too, thought west ham was the last game where it mattered. I demand clarification on this issue.

According to http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/suspensions (click where it says "One Caution Away"), Gerrard is among 5 players still at risk of suspension.

Of course, we're talking about the F.A. here, so the usual disclaimers about them being unable to distinguish shit from sugar still apply.

I thought so too, thought west ham was the last game where it mattered. I demand clarification on this issue.

The last game before the "cut off" is the game on Sunday against Man City - or at least that is how I understand it. So if Stevie avoids a yellow there he is clear for the rest of the season. Pick one up in that game and he misses Chelsea game.

From what I've been told (info from twitter so take with a pinch of salt) as yellow cards aren't processed until the day after a game, when the referee's report is finalised - if Gerrard was to get a yellow card on Saturday, by the time it has been finalised, his other 9 would have been erased.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

From what I've been told (info from twitter so take with a pinch of salt) as yellow cards aren't processed until the day after a game, when the referee's report is finalised - if Gerrard was to get a yellow card on Saturday, by the time it has been finalised, his other 9 would have been erased.

Haha. Sounds like a typical fudge, but I doubt it.

The last game before the "cut off" is the game on Sunday against Man City - or at least that is how I understand it. So if Stevie avoids a yellow there he is clear for the rest of the season. Pick one up in that game and he misses Chelsea game.

Won't it be the next game against Norwich he'll miss??

Apologies if this has already been posted, how small time are west ham ha..

Steven Gerrard: West Ham gave us hot dressing-room, dry pitch and made us park a mile away

Steven Gerrard has revealed that West Ham tried every trick in the book to knock Liverpool out of their stride before Sunday’s kick-off at Upton Park.

The Reds eventually came through 2-1 thanks to two penalties from captain Gerrard, but the midfielder revealed the Hammers had a game plan that went beyond simply tactics on the field.

‘It was a very tricky game. We knew what to expect and we got a bit more than we expected – a hot dressing room, a dry pitch and the bus had to park a mile away,’ said Gerrard.

‘I think they tried everything to upset us. It was a good test of character.’

Cheers, I thought I'd entered all correct information but mustn't have. He'll probably get booked for sneezing now.

He has had this hanging over him for the last three games. I reckon he has the experience to get through the next 90 minutes without picking up a card.