You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham vs Liverpool (Sunday 6th of April 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Every game is a cup final now.  And since I don't think we can realistically win 14 in a row, we'll probably drop points somewhere along the way.  The lads will have to be extremely careful not to be caught looking forward to next week against City.

We only need to win the next 6 in a row. The 14 is irrelevant. If we had beaten West Brom and drawn yesterday we would be in exactly the same place and no-one would even mention 14 in a row.

Fat Sam will not make it easy for us - he doesn't like us and would love to put a spanner in it. Being the shithouse he is he will probably tell Carroll and Nolan to try to overload Gerrard knowing he can't afford to put a foot wrong. I trust Gerrard to be professional enough and have the experience to know how to get through 90 minutes without getting a booking. He won't want to pick one up in this or the next match.

I suspect West Ham will not set up for a free flowing attacking game and will try to frustrate us as he did Chelsea. In response BR will probably go for the diamond again. Gives him the option to use Sterling later if it doesn't work out.

They have only scored 31 goals all season so I'll be surprised if they add to that. But they have won four out of the last five at home including a good win against Southampton so they clearly carry some threat.

If we can get ahead I can't see them being up for a scrap as they are not going down this season. Carroll, as others have stated, may have a point to prove. But Downing had his chance but just wasn't good enough - and he knows it. Nolan may pop up with something special. He seems to like proving himself against big clubs. I can't see Smoking Joe Cole even getting on the pitch.

Getting nervous already.

This is just about us turning up and playing to our potential. The Hammers are a solid, if predictable, mid table team. We, on the other hand, are playing like the 1970 World Cup Brazil. So, ask yourself, would the 1970 World Cup Brazil beat Sam Allardyce's West Ham?

I think they would.

Sakho to deal with Carroll? Or don't change a winning team , tough one.

It is a tough one but I don't think he will change the back four. It sends out a message that we are scared of Carroll. Easier to make sure we stop his supply and don't give away stupid corners and free kicks.

This is just about us turning up and playing to our potential. The Hammers are a solid, if predictable, mid table team. We, on the other hand, are playing like the 1970 World Cup Brazil. So, ask yourself, would the 1970 World Cup Brazil beat Sam Allardyce's West Ham?

I think they would.

mmmm I'm not sure. That Pele fella was getting on a bit by then. Good as that Jairzinho was its not like Brazil have got Andy Carroll on the end of any of his crosses.