You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Tottenham (Sunday 30th of March 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Been hours since the match ended and I still can't get the grin off my face.  Right now I don't even care if we don't end up winning the league*, I'm just so proud of the club, the players and the manager for getting us into this position.  Brilliant from the lot of them!

*of course we're going to anyway

Perfect - I can't say anything otherwise. Even I relaxed at 2-0. If only every game was going to be that easy but it isn't. Spurs have got absolutely no heart and spirit. I don't know what their gameplan was and it was gone inside of 80 seconds anyway.

We were relentless with our pressing and gifted a goal start we never, ever looked like we were going to relinquish it. It was a confident, positive performance and we crawled all over Spurs for the entire match. There was no stupid defending, no moronic individual or collective errors, everybody did their job and we were pretty clinical again. Again, all you can say is that we should have scored more.

Suarez and Sturridge caused them so many problems. I bet Verthongen was happy to go off to get away from them. Dawson definitely had no answer. Coutinho was excellent and drifted into space all over the pitch. Sterling was excellent again, the lad has come on so much it is actually scary. He has all the talent in the world.

Just a very, very good performance but we need to roll our socks up for next week. West Ham away on the last game of the weekend is going to be horrible and I can now spend the rest of my week worrying about that! Keep winning games, that's all we can do.

At this trajectory Sterling is gonna be the best forward in the league soon.

What more can you say about us this season?  Just incredible.  People might be divided on FSG but I don't think anyone can argue at the moment at them getting one thing right and that is hiring Rodgers.  Such a bold team selection having Coutinho instead of Allen and the positive intent really paid off.  Having watched us over the years having a hand break on at times under Houiller and Benitez it is so refreshing seeing a manager have such an attacking approach and it is paying off.  I love watching us play, not only with the ball, but without it our pressing it brilliant and we force errors in dangerous positions and the opposition really can't cope with it at times.

Suarez is the catalyst.  I remember when everyone said Cantona really brought on the youngsters at Man U when they had Neville, Beckham, Giggs etc coming through.  Suarez is doing that here with Sterling, Flanagan, Coutinho etc.  He's not only raising their game on the pitch, he is a perfect role model in terms of his effort.  I personally think he should be vice captain - he is a leader and the biggest inspiration along with Gerrard.

I could go through out the team, as they all performed well.  For me I thought Coutinho's work rate was really important and can see why he got subbed when he did as he put in one hell of a shift.  Sterling I thought was man of the match, although it could have been many of our players, he has it all and I agree with Paul he is the best youngster in the world.  Flanagan did really well again, I especially liked his two tackles of Lennon and Soldado, but his use of the ball was mostly good.  After giving him a lot of stick, I will also praise Agger, who I thought was very good today which was good to see.

We are the best team in the league.  We might not have the biggest wage bill, we might not have the biggest stars (although we have the best one in Suarez), but we look the best drilled, have the best team spirit and team.  We are certainly playing like Champions and Brendan Rodgers is definitely manager of the year, the real deal and we need to do everything to ensure he stays here.

Our club is back.

• Upvote 5

And it has to be like that for every home game we have left.  12th man is going to be crucial

Is right. We have a real chance now and for every remaining home game we need to have an intimidating atmosphere. It needs to be the same as vs Chelsea in the CL semi. If we fall at the final hurdle we need to know we gave it our all.

C'mon red men. Now is your time.

The positives are so genuine that if we do come up short this season I don't think we will feel like it was in 2009 in that we thought that was our chance.

Whatever happens between now and the end of the season the fact is we are the real thing and we will be up there for the foreseeable seasons.

Great credit to everyone at the club for getting us to where we deserve to be.

Not much to say, that was just brilliant. A perfect match.

We're going to have a different challenge now. After the results this weekend, the times of being the 'dark horse' in the title-race is over. It's ours to lose now and based on recent results we must be regarded as favorites. That brings a lot of pressure, but I'm sure Brendan and the boys can handle that as well.