You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The War On Drugs

Would definitely suggest everyone listens to the full album. Quality stuff. I smoked a number while doing so, but that has long since worn off and I'm listening to it again. 

I've had the shit kicked out of me by mushrooms. Twice.

How was that? Sounds absolutely terrifying. I've done mushrooms a few times. Once on the way home from York on the train and the tracks looked like they were shape-shitting. One minute solid, the next they looked like tiny liquid metal raindrops. I apparently looked like this the entire journey except when I'd randomly burst into hysterics for 'what seemed like forever' 200_s.gif

Would definitely suggest everyone listens to the full album. Quality stuff. I smoked a number while doing so, but that has long since worn off and I'm listening to it again. 

How was that? Sounds absolutely terrifying. I've done mushrooms a few times. Once on the way home from York on the train and the tracks looked like they were shape-shitting. One minute solid, the next they looked like tiny liquid metal raindrops. I apparently looked like this the entire journey except when I'd randomly burst into hysterics for 'what seemed like forever' 200_s.gif

"Absolutely" and "terrifying" are two words I would definitly use in conjunction with both of those nights.

The worst of the two was burmese yangoons. Before they were Class A, there was a website called RedEyeFrog where you could order them online. My mate fancied the look of the yangoons so he ordered a bag and we arranged to do them round at my place. So we chopped some up and threw them down our necks. In hindsight, it might have been a better idea to take a little, see where it took us, and then do a little bit more if we needed to. Had a definite lack of respect for substances back then though, so down the hatch they went. In large amounts. And we sat back to watch a bit of TV and let the effects take hold. Bit of Simpsons on, not bad, probably laughed a bit more than I usually would. Then Nathan Barley came on, first episode so we thought we'd have a look. First weird thing that started happening was that the background of the actors on TV started looking like a painting. Then my mate decided to bale on me, just said "I've got to go home mate" and off he went. He only lived about ten minutes walk down the road, but he reckoned it took him over an hour to get there. Felt the need to hide from passing cars, apparently. So he was jumping into bushes every couple of minutes.

All I remember after that is trying to carry on watching TV, then being in bed sweating, scared, watching the coat hangers on my wardrobe door turning into lightning bolts and promising god and sonny jesus that if I could have my brain back, I'd never do drugs again. When the peak came and went, it was actually quite a pleasant feeling with some nice visuals and traces going on. Should just have started slower, that was the mistake.

• Upvote 1

• 7 years later...