Quantcast
The War On Drugs - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Midnight Rambler

The War On Drugs

I had a war with a plant in my mates house because I thought it kept letting on to me. I was off my face on gary's like. 

Would definitely suggest everyone listens to the full album. Quality stuff. I smoked a number while doing so, but that has long since worn off and I'm listening to it again. 

I've had the shit kicked out of me by mushrooms. Twice.

How was that? Sounds absolutely terrifying. I've done mushrooms a few times. Once on the way home from York on the train and the tracks looked like they were shape-shitting. One minute solid, the next they looked like tiny liquid metal raindrops. I apparently looked like this the entire journey except when I'd randomly burst into hysterics for 'what seemed like forever' 200_s.gif

Would definitely suggest everyone listens to the full album. Quality stuff. I smoked a number while doing so, but that has long since worn off and I'm listening to it again. 

How was that? Sounds absolutely terrifying. I've done mushrooms a few times. Once on the way home from York on the train and the tracks looked like they were shape-shitting. One minute solid, the next they looked like tiny liquid metal raindrops. I apparently looked like this the entire journey except when I'd randomly burst into hysterics for 'what seemed like forever' 200_s.gif

dunno if I'm tripping now as I'm reading that as shape-shitting, catch the moon....

• Upvote 1

"Absolutely" and "terrifying" are two words I would definitly use in conjunction with both of those nights.

The worst of the two was burmese yangoons. Before they were Class A, there was a website called RedEyeFrog where you could order them online. My mate fancied the look of the yangoons so he ordered a bag and we arranged to do them round at my place. So we chopped some up and threw them down our necks. In hindsight, it might have been a better idea to take a little, see where it took us, and then do a little bit more if we needed to. Had a definite lack of respect for substances back then though, so down the hatch they went. In large amounts. And we sat back to watch a bit of TV and let the effects take hold. Bit of Simpsons on, not bad, probably laughed a bit more than I usually would. Then Nathan Barley came on, first episode so we thought we'd have a look. First weird thing that started happening was that the background of the actors on TV started looking like a painting. Then my mate decided to bale on me, just said "I've got to go home mate" and off he went. He only lived about ten minutes walk down the road, but he reckoned it took him over an hour to get there. Felt the need to hide from passing cars, apparently. So he was jumping into bushes every couple of minutes.

All I remember after that is trying to carry on watching TV, then being in bed sweating, scared, watching the coat hangers on my wardrobe door turning into lightning bolts and promising god and sonny jesus that if I could have my brain back, I'd never do drugs again. When the peak came and went, it was actually quite a pleasant feeling with some nice visuals and traces going on. Should just have started slower, that was the mistake.

• Upvote 1

You've never shape-shitted? You've never lived. 

Can't say I have! remember dropping one of them super strawbs and for some reason deciding to go watch the snooker with my dad on tv, the balls went all jimmy whites whirlwind and started pulling faces and popping back up after they had been potted.. probably the closest i've got to a bit of shape shitting!

• Upvote 1

Nah, it'll be fine. Your post about the band is still at the start of the thread, so if they want to comment, they will do. The rest is just something for people to read while they're listening to the song.

I'll have a listen when I get home, can't get youtube at work.

You've never shape-shitted? You've never lived. 

Definitely have a shite before psychedelics kick in is my advice.

I should be seeing the band in May on the same day as Neutral Milk Hotel and Shonen Knife.

• Upvote 2