You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aldo: Rodgers is special and this is our best football in 25 years

tlw content

Hopefully Aldo was purely talking about style of play because frankly I'll turn on anyone who disrespects what GH and Rafa acheived at LFC. Some of the best footballing memories of my life on their watch.

Even if he was referring to them, maybe it's not disrespect. Maybe he appreciates them but sees something in Rodgers that he feels is better.

I don't think Aldo is that cagey to be throwing around veiled digs, even if he didn't like the manager he'd respect their achievements. Aldo's commentary is Istanbul is still the best cure for the blues I've ever heard. I think the idea of him just getting excited and carried away with his comments is more in keeping with what we know of the man.

I don't think Aldo is that cagey to be throwing around veiled digs, even if he didn't like the manager he'd respect their achievements. Aldo's commentary is Istanbul is still the best cure for the blues I've ever heard. I think the idea of him just getting excited and carried away with his comments is more in keeping with what we know of the man.

Exactly .Aldo is not the sharpest tool in the box and wears his heart on his sleeve. Nothing to get wound up about in what he said. He is right in saying we should get Rodgers tied down now 

Quite clearly this.

Of all the managers we have had over the last 25 years who would be your choice. I think BR would be mine. Early days, but a lot of the spade work has been achieved over a short period of time and on a limited budget, while shipping out older players on lucrative salaries. 

It's actually a coded message directed at the Russians

Little known fact that Aldo was a KGB sleeper spy inserted in the 80s

If you listen to it backwards it has something to do with Devil worship and sacrifice

Life is complicated

I think there were clues at to where the Malaysian aeroplane is too - if you take various carefully placed letters in his statements and rearrange them, they spell 'In The Ocean'. He's a crafty bugger, Comrade Aldo.

To quote Ron Nasty, 'You're all a bit daft'. A little question to Aldo next time, something like, ooooohhh, 'Where do you rate Rodgers in terms of managers of Liverpool since your time' might clear it up. Current team absolutely boss footie though, respect BR, litmus test has to be Citeh and Mongo Town, go down to either of them then claims that we are the best in the league will be in doubt (as will not winning the League obviously). Although we are :) 

Rodgers is a fucking class act. Shameful antics from some posters on here when we were after him. I know it's fine to have reservations about a new man and all that but to outright cane him just because he wasn't Van Gaal or some other foreign cunt with a cool name was piss poor.

I was very keen on him, not because of what he 'achieved' with Swansea, but because of the way he carried himself and the sense that when he spoke, you stopped and listened. Rodgers could probably go and manage a multinational corporation if he wanted to, he just exudes a sense of calm and assurance, it's just the hallmark of a great leader of people.

I had reservations about the way we were going earlier in the season though. We seemed to be veering from one formation to another without really playing brilliantly. But to his credit, we were without Suarez and we were adapting on a number of levels. Sterling was finding his way, in life as much as on the field, and Allen was injured and we had new faces in defence, and all of a sudden there was no Reina, and everything felt a bit awkward for a time.

But once we settled down, and I think Gerrard's role in this is important, we looked a different team. It was vital for Rodgers to settle Gerrard into a proper position he could call his own, and once he did that then Gerrard could be confident in his role in the team and start to be a leader once again. I think Gerrard felt lost for a while, and credit to Rodgers that he saw how vital it was to get his captain sorted.

Massive praise for Allen from Rodgers yesterday, and rightfully so. You can't have enough players like Allen in a team.

And credit to Rodgers for managing the subs the way he has. Like he said, the first people to applaud a goal are the lads on the bench, and their job is to support the boys with the jersey on that day.

Class act.

Listen lads, you don't have to win anything to be a winner. Haven't you learned anything from the Gollum thread !

Seriously this is the best football we've played for a long time. I know we haven't win anything yet but it's ace being able to watch our games and enjoy it.

Listen lads, you don't have to win anything to be a winner. Haven't you learned anything from the Gollum thread !

Seriously this is the best football we've played for a long time. I know we haven't win anything yet but it's ace being able to watch our games and enjoy it.

Given the precarious state of the season, I can only enjoy our games when they are won!

But it has got to be better than worrying about whether 7th is good enough for a Europa place.

If Aldo had a problem with Benitez or Houllier he'd come out and say it.

I think it's beyond obvious he has a problem with both of them.  Here's another little outburst from a couple of months back.

If Rafael Benitez had been a little more open-minded during his final year as Liverpool manager, Seamus Coleman could be wearing a red shirt at Anfield last night and not a blue Everton jersey,” Aldridge wrote.

Aldridge has previously worked with then-Sligo boss Paul Cook at Tranmere Rovers, who recommend the up-and-coming full-back to Liverpool as he was establishing himself in the League of Ireland.

“Paul knew this kid was top drawer and he rang some contacts at Liverpool and tried to encourage them to take a look at Coleman, but Benitez rejected his advances and said he wasn’t interested.

Every time I see him, I can’t help but lament what might have been for Liverpool."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-turned-down-chance-sign-3038336#ixzz2wbY8Ib00

Here he is waxing lyrical about Roy Hodgson.  It's typical "British is best" bullshit.

"His experience is fantastic with the jobs he's done in Italy and Switzerland (as coach of the national team)," he told Sky Sports News.

"He might have had a bad year or two at Blackburn Rovers, but when you've been in the game as long as he has, you are allowed a few mistakes."

Yeah, you're allowed a few mistakes.  Unless the mistake was not signing Coleman, in which case it gets dragged up five years after the event.

I think it's beyond obvious he has a problem with both of them.  Here's another little outburst from a couple of months back.

If Rafael Benitez had been a little more open-minded during his final year as Liverpool manager, Seamus Coleman could be wearing a red shirt at Anfield last night and not a blue Everton jersey,” Aldridge wrote.

Aldridge has previously worked with then-Sligo boss Paul Cook at Tranmere Rovers, who recommend the up-and-coming full-back to Liverpool as he was establishing himself in the League of Ireland.

“Paul knew this kid was top drawer and he rang some contacts at Liverpool and tried to encourage them to take a look at Coleman, but Benitez rejected his advances and said he wasn’t interested.

Every time I see him, I can’t help but lament what might have been for Liverpool."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-turned-down-chance-sign-3038336#ixzz2wbY8Ib00

Yeah, like I say; if he had a problem he'd say it. He had a problem with that; he said it.

• Upvote 1

It's been a great season, but is it a one off?

Has any team in the history of the English league had the two top scorers in a season in their team, and can those two continue it next season?

We've conceded loads of chances in games to the opposition that weren't converted, I read recently that we've had more shots on our goal than any team apart from Palace. That's poor defending that we've luckily got away with.

I never base a judgement on one season, whether it's a player or a team. Look at Aspas, voted in the La Ligue team of the year last season but done nothing previously or since - a one season wonder.

If we get 75 points or more next season I'll think Rodgers is the man even if we win nothing, until then the jury is out.

• Downvote 1

A lot of those shots on our goal are from distance.  We create better opportunities than the opposition, and more of them, hence we win most of our games. The defending has been abject at times but that's another story. 

A lot of those shots on our goal are from distance.

More than average?, I don't know. I think we have rode our luck big time this season good as it's been but I'm reserving judgement on the arrival of the messiah until he does it twice. Mike Walker, Villas Boas?

• Downvote 1