You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marmelade and jam

Carvalho Diablo

On 23/03/2014 at 00:49, AngryofTuebrook said:

I was in a B&B in France a week or two ago and each day started with the landlady's home-made fig jam on a croissant.

Pleasant.

the landlady's home-made fig jam all the boys to the yard
And they're like, it's better than yours
Damn right it's better than yours
I can teach you, but I have to charge
the landlady's home-made fig jam brings all the boys to the yard
And they're like, it's better than yours
Damn right it's better than yours
I can teach you, but I have to charge

50 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Can’t eat it anymore either way mate. Got an enzyme in it which renders my new drugs useless. The orange cunt.

It's the grapefruit component that has the enzyme mate. I can't eat it either, blood pressure meds react with it.

There are marmalades without grapefruit though. I get a sweet orange one which is lovely.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

It's the grapefruit component that has the enzyme mate. I can't eat it either, blood pressure meds react with it.

There are marmalades without grapefruit though. I get a sweet orange one which is lovely.

Interesting. Yeah I was told no grapefruit, which is fine by me, but was also told Seville oranges which is pretty much all marmalade, or so I thought.

Thats a great tip though - I will have another look about.

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Interesting. Yeah I was told no grapefruit, which is fine by me, but was also told Seville oranges which is pretty much all marmalade, or so I thought.

They probably said Saville oranges then 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Grapefruit was the only one I was specifically warned about, but after a couple of Google searches I see that seville oranges and other Citrus can cause problems too, depending on the meds. In fact the whole subject of drug/food interactions seems like a massive rabbit hole. Milk can interfere with antibiotics? Fucking hell!