You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Kenny really a World Football great?

Gym Beglin

Like others I was gutted when Keegan was leaving. I remember Kennys debut against Man U in the charity shield and even as a spotty teenager, knew he was class and that he was even better than Keegan.

I understand that he would have been signed whether Keegan had left or not.

Unlike the OP I was lucky to see him play many times

Is Kenny really Scottish?  Was just discussing this with my dog and a bottle of petrol, and one of them said "he was the olden day birthplace equivalent of that one with the glasses off Masterchef", and looking back at footage...he's fucking right.

My list of best ever places Kenny is from.

1. London

2. Liverpool

3. Ireland

4. Spain

5. The Moon

6. Skelmersdale

7. DR Congo

8. Cornwall

9. Nepal

10. Iceland

• Upvote 4

Was just discussing this with some lads at the truck dept the other day, and one of them said, "he was the olden day equivalent of Zlatan Ibrahimovc" and looking back at footage...he's fucking right.

Big fish, small pond, he cruised around at Celtic in their pomp, and then strolled around Anfield in ours. He achieved next to nothing with Scotland, for a forward, between 1979 and 1986 he delivered just 9 goals.

PFA player of the year just once, in 83. Even Gary Pallister won it in 92.

You never saw him play, did you?

I don't go in for hero-worship or any of that bollocks . . . that is aside from the King. Growing up as a kid I absolutely adored him and I still do. Even if it's an attempt at being deliberately irreverent here Funnneeeee, you need to give your fucking head a wobble mate and remember what he's done for this city and its people, let alone this club.

• Upvote 5

Isn't the squad for TLW's gimp XI announced soon?

I'd say Funnnnneeee just wants to cement his spot for another season. You can't hold that against the lad can you?

With the sort of form he's currently showing, I'd say he's almost guaranteed a starting berth. I've heard whispers the cuntaincy is available and he fancies taking the armband too.

• Upvote 3

Isn't the squad for TLW's gimp XI announced soon?

I'd say Funnnnneeee just wants to cement his spot for another season. You can't hold that against the lad can you?

With the sort of form he's currently showing, I'd say he's almost guaranteed a starting berth. I've heard whispers the cuntaincy is available and he fancies taking the armband too.

water-wings.jpg?w=150&h=117

When I read the opening post I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps it was just a little cumbersome, and the question that was meant was something like, "Kenny didn't play for a team outside the UK. So on that basis, how would we rank him against other European and World players?"

Then I read a few posts on and saw that Kenny didn't even make it into Funnee's all time Liverpool top ten. Then it was crystal clear. 

Wind up. 

I never saw Kenny play for us so cant comment on his ability but outside of lfc fans he doesn't get the same recognition as a lot of the past greats.

The greats that you are probably thinking of tended to play international football for amazing countries. Before Sky invented football in 1992, there was not as much recognition of players who were with the lesser nations. To be honest, George Best wouldn't have been mentioned that much if he hadn't been shagging every Miss World that he could get his hands on

Was just discussing this with some lads at the truck dept the other day, and one of them said, "he was the olden day equivalent of Zlatan Ibrahimovc" and looking back at footage...he's fucking right.

Big fish, small pond, he cruised around at Celtic in their pomp, and then strolled around Anfield in ours. He achieved next to nothing with Scotland, for a forward, between 1979 and 1986 he delivered just 9 goals.

PFA player of the year just once, in 83. Even Gary Pallister won it in 92.

You are nothing but a piece of crap.

I find you to be extremely ugly.

You emit a foul and unpleasant odour.

I loathe you.

• Upvote 2