You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

We will defo sign a striker, no idea who it might be but we will. We have to.

Have to recall Origi if we don't assuming we can.

Is Bony that bad, has a very decent goal return playing in sides who weren't pulling up trees, with better players around him he may well do even better.

Might need an adjustment in how we play to accommodate him and Sturridge, but for me those two will get 20 each.

My concept of how contracts work - given that I've dealt with and studied business contracts worth millions of pounds for various complex assets - is pretty much definitely more developed than yours is.

We did put the clause in his contract, because only we can write the fucking contract. The agent and the player were the ones probably insisting, but we still gave them the clause on the back of that. Thus, we actively made the decision that we were okay with receiving £75m for our asset should it be offered.

I have no problem with us being okay with selling him for £75m (even if I hold the opinion that it considerably undervalues the player), I am just pointing out that that was the case. So people blerting on about us having 'no intention' to sell him in june are talking bollocks, because we already took the decision out of our hands months prior.

that's pretty much it, to be honest; from one who also manages supplier contracts for a living. As soon as they're signed, both parties will be looking for lots of ways to exploit them as much as they can.

My concept of how contracts work - given that I've dealt with and studied business contracts worth millions of pounds for various complex assets - is pretty much definitely more developed than yours is.

We did put the clause in his contract, because only we can write the fucking contract. The agent and the player were the ones probably insisting, but we still gave them the clause on the back of that. Thus, we actively made the decision that we were okay with receiving £75m for our asset should it be offered.

I have no problem with us being okay with selling him for £75m (even if I hold the opinion that it considerably undervalues the player), I am just pointing out that that was the case. So people blerting on about us having 'no intention' to sell him in june are talking bollocks, because we already took the decision out of our hands months prior.

I would also add that 63 million upfront and rest as add ons (upto 75 million) as reported by some doesn't actually mean that they actually they met the release clause.

Got another one for ya:

We are signing Diao:

Liverpool beating Man Utd in race for Spanish prodigy who hit 47 goals in ONE season

LIVERPOOL are winning the race against Manchester United for ex-Barcelona youngster and Lazio prodigy Keita Balde Diao.

he 19-year-old striker linked up with the Serie A outfit in 2011 for a fee of £300,000, and scored five times in 23 senior appearances last season.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has already secured the services of Belgian youngster Divock Origi from Lille, but the former Swansea manager is desperate to snap up Diao ahead of Louis Van Gaal.

Reports in Italy claim that Lazio have already rejected a bid from the Anfield club, but it is believed that Liverpool will return with an improved offer for a player who struck an incredible 47 goals in a single season whilst out on loan at Spanish side UE Cornella, the same team which Barcelona left-back Jordi Alba was sent to, in the 2010/11 season.

Diao, who was born in Spain to Senegalese parents, spent seven years at Barcelona's famed academy before moving for a season to Cornella.

The youngster rejected the chance to return to the Nou Camp and instead opted to join Lazio, despite interest from United and Real Madrid.

Diao is highly valued by Lazio, who see him as Miroslav Klose's successor, and the Italian club will not part with him easily even if the player himself pushes for a switch to the Premier League.