You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

First draft of end of window statement: 

"The fan's aren't stupid. They can see from the calibre of player we were aiming at that our standards are set really high. Unfortunately nobody meeting those standards was available and we refuse to spend money on players who are not good enough for the club. We have enough ability in the squad to allow us to progress".

I don't think there will be any more signings to be honest, let alone a striker..

I'll take that bet. If you're wrong, you leave the forum forever. If I am, I will leave to not return.

Bit of fun and everyone on here is a winner whatever the outcome..

Do it.

• Upvote 8

Guest davelfc

I'll take that bet. If you're wrong, you leave the forum forever. If I am, I will leave to not return.

Do it.

Knobson's choice. 

Knobson's choice. 

Get out of here, davo. It's win/win. Hobson's was lose/lose.

And, anyway, I was obviously going to win that bet and it was never going to be taken up. Just seeing if nightbollocks believes what he says. And he doesn't.

But we knew that already.

• Upvote 2

Do it.

Remember MT, you'll be owing me a can of tuna when Suarez gets his ban reduced this week.

• Upvote 1

*tedious mini-rant alert*

The thing about these new links (and the ones that will undoubtedly pop up in the coming torturous weeks) that fucks me off most is that they are so late in the window. Why the fuck did it take so many months to 'enquire' about Falcao, fucking do it months ago, it's not as if it's a massive fucking chore.

Anything that we do now will be done out of desperation and from a position of absolute weakness. We may pull it out of the bag but anybody who asserts that this is some sort of clever 'strategy' can pluck the hairs out of my left ballsack one by one with their teeth. And then caress my right ballsack with their cheek.

So no, nobody has to 'wait until the end of the window' to be able to assert that we fucked up this transfer business (replacing Suarez especially) in a royal way, once a-fucking-gain. Because, as I have said for an age, those who conduct our business (the scouts, ayre, owners, Brendan) are inept at doing so.

(SpyBee is going to neg this because he is a h8r.)

• Upvote 1

Remember MT, you'll be owing me a can of tuna when Suarez gets his ban reduced this week.

I don't think there will be any more signings to be honest, let alone a striker..

Barca are signing Vermaelen so Agger's move looks off and so does Borini's. So the owners won't sanction any more moves unless one of our players is sold. 

Good cat/bad cat.

• Upvote 1

No, thanks Major Cunt. I have a bet with Lizzie already, that we won't sign another striker and yes WE WON'T sign another striker.

Signing Moreno or another loan is dependent to selling Borini and Agger.

You're an acidic, aching, afraid, aggravating, aggressive, aggrendising, agonizing, alarmist, angry, anguished, ashamed, autistic, awful, awkward cunt.

Fuck off.

The Falcao and Cavani enquiries strike of Man United last year, going after unattainable targets than ending up with Fellaini at the last throw of the dice after the fake delegation debacle in Bilbao. 

In fairness we have secured quite a few of our targets early on in the window and the only player we've seemingly lost out on is Sanchez, which is because he was hell bent on moving to that there London.

Remy obviously had a heart problem and the club are more sensitive to shit like that after Doni nearly keeled over and died on a thread mill during a routine fitness test, so they're not taking any chances, i get that.

Either way we need a striker and a left back asap, we can make do with Enrique / Flanagan if we must, but we can't make do with just Lambert especially if we have aspirations of top 4 and getting to at least the knockout stages of the champions league.

• Upvote 2

Either way we need a striker and a left back asap, we can make do with Enrique / Flanagan if we must, but we can't make do with just Lambert especially if we have aspirations of top 4 and getting to at least the knockout stages of the champions league.

In terms of left back, I don't think it's vital because I'm all-in on Enrique. Fitness concerns obviously, but he's a stallion of a left back with goals and assists in him, and nobody beats him for pace. He'll look brilliant with a commanding centre back to direct him.

In terms of a forward, I agree, of course we need another 'good striker' in there. I think people are panicking unduly about Sturridge's fitness and Lambert's ability. Arsenal scored a lot of goals last year with Giroud just playing as a focal point to bring in midfield runners who provided the goals, they looked unstoppable at the beginning of the season playing that 451.

That said, of course we need another striker, but we can hold out until the end of August IF there's cause to believe a deal can be made with a certain player by holding out longer.

• Upvote 1

In fairness we have secured quite a few of our targets early on in the window and the only player we've seemingly lost out on is Sanchez, which is because he was hell bent on moving to that there London.

I don't believe this is true at all. I think the major factor in Sanchez choosing Arsenal is that Wenger was onto him ages ago. We sat around and moved far too late and his mind was already made up.

Rodgers talks of a strategy, but it seems there was none in place in the obvious eventuality Suarez was to leave this summer. Sanchez was the perfect replacement, but we were too late. What were we doing?

It's frustrating. I realise we were/are never going to directly replace Suarez, but we clearly need another forward (and always did) but we are (seemingly) - as you say - lurching round fapping at anyone and everyone now in desperation.

Rodgers talks of a strategy, but it seems there was none in place in the obvious eventuality Suarez was to leave this summer. Sanchez was the perfect replacement, but we were too late. What were we doing?

We were going to make Suarez stay another year. Then he got his ban and our patience, rightly, ran out. I don't think there was any intention, in early June, to sell him.

• Downvote 1