You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Sevilla have confirmed that Moreno is in the Super Cup squad for next week. A kick up the arse to Ayre or is this one off for good, why risk him playing if he is our player? Still 50/50 for me if this has been a good window or underwhelming. Our strategy(?)in replacing Luis is baffling and seems muddled.

Why would it make a difference whether he is or not, I don't think it excludes him from playing for other teams in real euro comps and he's still a Sevilla player.

I guess it is the risk of injury in a competitive match environment, if you can call it competitive. Look at Borini last month, could have been a lot worse. In a perfect world you would want Moreno in and getting used to his new players/tactics/our defensive shape (don't laugh), before the start of the season.

Sevilla have confirmed that Moreno is in the Super Cup squad for next week. A kick up the arse to Ayre or is this one off for good, why risk him playing if he is our player? Still 50/50 for me if this has been a good window or underwhelming. Our strategy(?)in replacing Luis is baffling and seems muddled.

If the window closed now it'd be a piss-poor effort. Nearly £100m spent and our most obvious weaknesses (full-back and striker) hardly addressed.

If the window closed now it'd be a piss-poor effort. Nearly £100m spent and our most obvious weaknesses (full-back and striker) hardly addressed.

Well we have signed manquillo, Enrique is back and a lot on here seem to think flanno is good enough for the first team, his best position is lb so those fans should be relaxed.I agree a lb is needed but if Enrique stays fit hes good enough, we cant rely on that though.

• Upvote 1

I see El Confidencial (Spanish paper) is going with a story today that Diego Lopez has offers on the table from us, AC Milan, and Napoli.

I have to say I would love to see that happen.  I thought Mignolet was OK last season but not 100% convincing and if we had Diego Lopez in the form he was in for Real we would have won the league.  A lad who keeps getting retweeted onto my timeline (no idea if reliable or not) says that 3m euro/season for 3 years would see him come here over either of the Italian clubs, which is about £45k/week I think?  Anyway, I'd be more than happy to see him here for that price.

Our strategy(?)in replacing Luis is baffling and seems muddled.

Could just be journalistic shite/agents agitating for moves but we have been linked to a lot of forwards of very varying abilities, which doesn’t inspire confidence (i.e. we should be looking for a set type of player to replace Suarez).

I think the Cavani rumour has as much truth in it as the Falcao one, it's bullshit so's that when the window closes and we don't have another decent striker they can just say they've tried. If we shift Borini and Agger (as it looks) we should be fucking flush.

The entire team from scouting to signing the deals are fucking garbage. If this window isn't a roaring success given the last few they have fucked up then they should be binned off the lot or the board arnt doing their job.