You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

At 29 and having spent his best years in Italy and France I'd have been worried about him hitting the ground running, no time for a season long adapting period at his age.

He's a quality player. Quality players do just fine in England.

There are better players around than Lavezzi and we'd have to replace him after 2/3 years as his main asset his pace drops off/disappears.  Oh and Yes, we'd also get fuck all for him when he undoubtedly wants to return to Argentina.

Better players that we could realistically attract or afford? For the price? Such as?

I dont get the manquillo deal at all. Maybe he is planning on using flanagan at lb with enrique and manquillo and johnson rb. We already have 3 rb's for fuck sake. Flanagan first them johnson then kelly. We need a left back and a striker.

As it stands we have a stronger bench but a weaker starting 11. 100 million spent and all. Fuckin hell

I dont get the manquillo deal at all. Maybe he is planning on using flanagan at lb with enrique and manquillo and johnson rb. We already have 3 rb's for fuck sake. Flanagan first them johnson then kelly. We need a left back and a striker.

As it stands we have a stronger bench but a weaker starting 11. 100 million spent and all. Fuckin hell

Think your right about been weaker,I'm worried and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial, because if sturrige isn't playing who is going to be the match winner

He's a quality player. Quality players do just fine in England.

Better players that we could realistically attract or afford? For the price? Such as?

Veron, Shevchenko, Morientes, Mo Diame etc

That being said, if ever we could afford to make this kind of transfer then it's this year and on the plus side we've got that many class youngsters coming through it'll give them a chance to bed in. Fuck it , I'm fickle let's sign the Suarez lite cunt!

Who spotted manquillo. Our transfer strategy is weird, not bad or good just weird. We are like those people who don't watch mainstream movies we like to go to some abstract french cinema and watch a Frenchman argue with a turnip. Fuck blockbusters, fuck famous actors, directors and screen writers, real film lovers watch films no one has a clue exist.

I am a bit sky generation I can't help it I do want a signing that excites me.

You continue to deliver Bobby.

If we signed Messi, some of you cunts would be moaning we should have signed Ronaldo instead.

From where I'm standing, we've signed quality players this Summer.

Chelsea finished 3rd and scored 71 goals. Difference being that they only shipped 27 goals compared to our 50.

Man City beat us and didn't have a striker that scored 31 goals. Instead they had three players scoring 20, 17 and 16 goals.

Lovren is they key to reducing goals conceded, and the return of Enrique and signings of Manquillo and Moreno will boost this even more. At the other end, we already have the 20 goal Sturridge, and I full expect Sterling to get 15 goals, and last season Lambert got 13 goals. I think it's fair to expect another 20 goals from Lallana, Markovic and Gerrard. I don't think we need a miracle striker to bring in another 10+ goals, allied to the bits and pieces of goals we get from Henderson and Coutinho and set piece headers from our centre backs.

• Downvote 1

Our first eleven is substantially worse than last season, this is the elephant in the room. I wanted Remy don't get me wrong but I had him down as an option not the "solution" to the loss of the suarez' goals and to be handed the 7 shirt, seeing as it's fallen through it seems a moot point, yet it reflects our strategy which is seriously fucking worrying. Bony can fuck off too.