You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

The lure of champions league. I reckon all the players we have signed so far would of come to us with or without champions league. I was really looking forward to see who the lure of champions league would help us attract because its been our excuse the last few years rather than players are just seriously greedy.

20140107_wanda_nara_-_2.jpg

The heart wants what the heart wants, and in Icadi's case his heart wants a massive pair of jebs.

The whole ethical dilemma of boning your mates ex isn't hard to understand but what I can't fathom is how anyone could have sloppies on Maradona. I bet the fat coke head is absolutely riddled with bad aids.

The lure of champions league. I reckon all the players we have signed so far would of come to us with or without champions league. I was really looking forward to see who the lure of champions league would help us attract because its been our excuse the last few years rather than players are just seriously greedy.

I mentioned this earlier on in the window.  I think it will take us a few seasons of being back in it before the Torres' of this world start signing for us again.  That's if we can achieve that.  Players like Reus will dismiss us out of hand at the moment I think.  I'd convinced myself we would get that type of player once we got back in but that's not the case.  We've just made ourselves the front runner when competing with Spurs for players.

You can't blame them either.  A lot of these top players won't be spending their time watching MOTD every week etc.  We may just be a flash in the pan in terms of league position etc.  I obviously don't think we are but until we are in the knockout stages of the CL and rattling some of the big guns again these type of players won't pay us any attention.

• Upvote 2

The whole ethical dilemma of boning your mates ex isn't hard to understand but what I can't fathom is how anyone could have sloppies on Maradona. I bet the fat coke head is absolutely riddled with bad aids.

I am willing to bet most lads are not asked with the history of most women. If we did sit and think who has been there, well. Anyway if Carlton Cole has slept with over 1000 women there is a high chance that someone reading this thread has had his sloppy seconds even you El.

The Guardian:

"Liverpool have completed their seventh signing of the summer after landing Javier Manquillo on an unusual two-year loan from Atlético Madrid. The 20-year-old defender underwent a medical on Merseyside earlier this week and has finalised a transfer from the Spanish champions that may allow Liverpool to make the deal permanent, for a fee of around £5m, should he settle in English football. Atlético can break the loan arrangement and recall Manquillo for a fee next summer while Liverpool have an option to buy the player outright in 2016."

If he has a decent season, we'll lose him next summer?

The Guardian:

"Liverpool have completed their seventh signing of the summer after landing Javier Manquillo on an unusual two-year loan from Atlético Madrid. The 20-year-old defender underwent a medical on Merseyside earlier this week and has finalised a transfer from the Spanish champions that may allow Liverpool to make the deal permanent, for a fee of around £5m, should he settle in English football. Atlético can break the loan arrangement and recall Manquillo for a fee next summer while Liverpool have an option to buy the player outright in 2016."

If he has a decent season, we'll lose him next summer?

They'll have to pay us for a player they own.