You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

No chance. I may as well have soaked shredded cardboard in milk and had that

No, I meant your post.

What's all the fuss about banging somebody's ex? Seems a bit weird and possessive , the lady is supposed to stay alone forever so as to not upset her ex? She needs cock.

Bony would be a comfort blanket type signing.

It is the type of idea that a transfer committee or director of football is supposed to stop.  Fully developed, but clearly inferior to Sturridge, whilst unlikely to work as a partnership with him.  We’ve got too many great attacking midfielders to justify playing two that high up the pitch; unless both are of the quality of say a Suarez or a Sturridge.

He would no doubt expect to be playing every week if we bought at £20m, so would soon be pouting on the bench before fucking off to the African Cup of Nations.  This would no doubt coincide with a Sturridge injury; leaving us with Lambert up top to try and keep in the chase in January and avoid another early FA cup exit.

• Upvote 2

No, I meant your post.

What's all the fuss about banging somebody's ex? Seems a bit weird and possessive , the lady is supposed to stay alone forever so as to not upset her ex? She needs cock.

I'm guessing the issue surrounds the word "ex", and whether that was as accurate when he first shagged her as it is now.

I don't think Bony's price is going to go down as we approach 10 days until kick off of the new season... surely now is the time to put a bid in. Very surprised if Borini isn't offered as a loan in the opposite direction.

http://eurorivals.net/top-scorers.html

Always a good start to a search, looking at the top scorers in Europe last season.

See, I don't buy the whole Sturridge is always injured line, I think he'll be fine, and I think Lambert will be fine when the season starts in earnest. FWIW, I also think Borini is ideally suited to playing in a team with Lallana and Coutinho playing cute balls in behind.

Of course, it would be great to get another striker in, but what happens this time next year when Origi comes back off loan?

£20m for Bony is a lot, and perhaps part of a hold-up is that he himself must realise that Sturridge is our main striker for the big games, and he doesn't want to take a back seat.

I'd rather buy someone PL-ready, and it might not be a fancy name, but someone who could be effective in an attacking side like ours:

Jay Rodriguez

Marko Arnautović

Jason Puncheon

Shane Long

Saido Berahino

I expect there'll be a lot of people up in arms about these names, but they could all serve a purpose in our side for a season, and not cost a fortune in the process. Mobile, tricky, can score and create goals across the front of a 4-3-3.

In a way, I think the signing of Lambert has messed things up. I like him, and think he's a great player (and his goalscoring and assist stats from last season prove this), but he's skewed the 'need' for a top striker.

I think had we signed a sort of Suarez replacement first, ie, someone mobile and hard working and pacy with the ability to play and score across the front three, then about now, we'd all be happy if the club announced tomorrow that we had also signed Lambert for £4m. But he's already signed, and he comes in with this decent reputation, and so it feels sort of awkward to still be searching for a 'top striker', because he's not exactly shit, but we all know he's not the mobile forward that we need if Sturridge gets a knock or just needs a rest.

Borini has 'liked"' Rodwells tweet about joining Sunderland, fuelling rumours that he is about to fuck the fuck off.

This Davey Liver taxi driver said he saw him at lime street booking a trans Pennines Express advanced single ticket then kicking off when he saw the price.

No, I meant your post.

They hadn't split up when it started according to most reports and then he just kept taking the piss on twitter about it. He just comes across as a massive prick and not somebody you want causing issues with other players.

Rumours we've made an offer of £17.9m for Lavezzi but more interesting is that Citeh are trying to get Falcao on loan. If he's available we should be having a look at that.

For us to match Falcao's wage would cost us about 30 million a year!

He is on about 15m after tax (no tax in Monaco).

Did somebody seriously suggest Marko Arnautovic on the basis he's mobile and tricky? We're fucking fucked int the head us lot.

Its the Hodgson-effect all over again, talk big but then break fans's spirit by showing a lack of ambition and ability and then they'll soon welcome shit clogger's from Stoke

I'm liking this Icardi lad, he's an opportunist. He's also got 84 potential on Fifa, which answers the question posed yesterday "how do you quantify potential?" Fifa. He's got a bird with lovely jebs, a full sleeve of tattoo's and he's Argentinian, can't really go wrong. He also resembles a young Benzema, which is niicee.

Bony is a stop gap, this, this my friend is the future.

• Upvote 1

Bit of an odd one, I'm assuming he's going to be third choice RB, then hopefully competing with Flanagan the following season when Johnson leaves?

Could be the end for Kelly, unless he impresses at CB swiftly.

If he ain't getting past Glen Johnson then he's definitely not making it into our top ten centre backs.