You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Now that Frank Lampard has signed on loan from New York City, I wonder if Wenger is seething with jealousy and insecurity over Man City having a new feeder club.

hes seething about city getting around their transfer restrictions by loaning players from their other franchises.

why whats happened firmino

well he signed a new contract with Hoffenheim, he attracted a lot of interest recently, Arsenal want him, best time to buy him was at the end of the season, now every rich fucking club is aware of him, Fallows is a big fan of him, Rodgers saw him live, yet preferred Lallana. To sum it up - Rodgers should stay away from transfers and let the committee sign players because Firmino is twice the player Lallana is. He's basically another Henrikh Mkhitaryan, brilliant attacking mid, scores a lot, assists a lot, works in midfield, attacks from deeper positions. 

• Upvote 1

well he signed a new contract with Hoffenheim, he attracted a lot of interest recently, Arsenal want him, best time to buy him was at the end of the season, now every rich fucking club is aware of him, Fallows is a big fan of him, Rodgers saw him live, yet preferred Lallana. To sum it up - Rodgers should stay away from transfers and let the committee sign players because Firmino is twice the player Lallana is. He's basically another Henrikh Mkhitaryan, brilliant attacking mid, scores a lot, assists a lot, works in midfield, attacks from deeper positions. 

I'm all for this master-plan! More like Alberto and Aspas please, committee!

Also I'm entering my fourth season on FM. Any top tips on who I should buy? I bought that Vietto I've seen people buzz about in my first season and he's spent more time out injured and on loan than he has scoring goals. 

would You prefer Ashley Williams, Vorm, Britton, Bertrand, Danny Rose, Moses? Of course they made mistakes, (Alberto was not a mistake tho in my opinion, only Aspas), but Rodgers would have bought them all instead. 

Also I'm entering my fourth season on FM. Any top tips on who I should buy? I bought that Vietto I've seen people buzz about in my first season and he's spent more time out injured and on loan than he has scoring goals. 

I don't know mate, never played FM, but try Adam Lallana.

Obviously we all agree about Aspas but Alberto is only 21. Not every player is going to be like Coutinho and Sterling setting the world a light at a young age, and to be fair even Coutinho only does it in flashes at this time, he's just good enough all around that the flashes are lagniappe and you get the feeling the consistency will come.

Alberto might prove to be a waste of money when it's all said and done, but I think he'll show enough eventually that we at least make a profit on him even if he doesn't make it here.

I see this is still going exactly how I predicted it would months ago.

*patiently waits for the "I'd rather we waited until January when the right players are available and we get more value for money" line*

You exactly predicted we'd spend £90 million on Lallana, Lovren, Can, Origi, Markovic and Lambert, but then foolishly target Remy as our striker option before finding out his medical issue was too worrying for us to sign him - leaving us a bit of time to sort out an alternative that we may or may not get, whilst also trying to seal deals for Moreno and Manquillo?

That is some pretty impressive predicting.

• Upvote 2

Lavezzi rumours building up steam, lovely player, similar to Suarez but without the clinicalness in front of goal. He'd take some of the creative burden off Coutinho, the only issue is his age.

He'll pull a Suarez and bang them in for us leading Barca to buy him next summer for £30m + Messi who will want out after Suarez takes the limelight from him and calls him a midget one too many times in training.

Lavezzi rumours building up steam, lovely player, similar to Suarez but without the clinicalness in front of goal. He'd take some of the creative burden off Coutinho, the only issue is his age.

Lavezzi is the poor man's Tevez, who is the poor man's Suarez. 

We need a bit of experience up front I reckon and he'd fit in well being able to play centrally or out wide.  He's not a great finisher though.

I say do it.

Aguero is like some reasonably well off mutual friend of Suarez and Tevez - not quite rich enough to hang with Suarez, but occasionally gets invited to the same parties.

Not angry....yet, about the striker situation. The unease is growing with every passing day however, given how notoriously slow we tend to be when completing transfer business.

The new season is a couple of weeks away and where are we at?

Sturridge has a niggly hamstring injury, Borini is half out of the door, and Lambert has definitely not settled in yet.

In or out the door, borini isn't fit either is he?

I can feel our normal last few weeks coming on to be honest. Everyone wondering why we're not after anyone, then we go for someone completely out of our reach, there's a world of excitement before it falls through and we're told not to worry the money will be there in January and everyone says "that must be true, why else would we have tried to buy messi if the money wasn't there?". We're as predictable as blue rinse bill these days

• Upvote 3