Quantcast
Summer Transfers 2014 - Page 460 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Summer Transfers 2014

If there is really no decent striker available, I thought we could go for a Shaqiri/Isco type of player and play sort of a false 9 system? (assuming sturridge is injured)

Apparently sturridge will be fine for dortmund next week

We don't need Balotelli, what we need is a Lavezzi or a Shaqiri to play on the sides of a front three with Sterling through the centre when Sturridge is injured. 

Indeed but it seems the Balotelli rumours have some legs. He may well be the best that is available . Begs the question would you have him or stay with what we have already?

Funny how comments about Balotelli's attitude come from english villagers, the nation with the most disgusting and meaniest youth in the world.

Balottelii is much nicer than most of your overrated, disgusting english players and his attitude is nowhere near as bad as Terry's, Rooney's or Rio's.

The English aren't bothered with brilliance anywhere near as much as they are with claiming the moral high ground. Being seen to be doing something well is more important than actually doing something well.

• Upvote 2

As has been said, if balotelli wasnt a sulky twat he would be world class. Amazing talent. 14 million is a great price. Hope it happens !

• Upvote 1

I said from the start I don't like the lambert signing and that we would be fucked if we suffer injuries..

Yeah, you've been proved right. He's been shit for the 100 mins or whatever he's played...................in pre season. Pre fucking season! You fucking whopper.

• Upvote 3

The mental little bastard would cost a fortune in wages but if we get Balotelli for the same price as we sell Borini then it's a calculated risk worth taking IMO.

Leaving aside the fact he's bonkers the lad doesn't do enough on the pitch for me .No tracking back and working hard off the ball; all the things Suarez did so well . Fucking daft cunt just stands about looking like hes waiting for the nurse to come and lead him away a lot of the time  

I said from the start I don't like the lambert signing and that we would be fucked if we suffer injuries.

Now he is our player I am trying to see the good in him, right now it looks like hew trying to hard and putting a bit too much pressure on himself.

He needs a few sessions with dr peters so he can try to relax and play his natural game, the nerves where clear before his pen and I could tell he was going to miss.

Why always you?

The chance is always there, that at some point in his career Balotelli may just give it 100% and get his shiznit together. If Rodgers can get him doing that, then we have ourselves a bargain gentlemen  However, the reverse is also very true, as has mostly been the case up to now.

If we do sign Balotelli I still think we need to have a Shaqiri type player as well though. We need as many options for attack as we can get because Suarez's goals and link up play, his ridonkulous levels of energy, and his all round unpredictability are obviously all missing from our attack this season.  

The English aren't bothered with brilliance anywhere near as much as they are with claiming the moral high ground. Being seen to be doing something well is more important than actually doing something well.

If the English press cared about winners they'd have forced Hodgson out of a job the second he returned home, instead of all pulling excuses out their arse because he's 'one of the boys'. If this country acknowledged true winners more, instead of the valient loser we'd be in a better position across all sports. 

Yeah, you've been proved right. He's been shit for the 100 mins or whatever he's played...................in pre season. Pre fucking season! You fucking whopper.

Did I say I was right and are you saying that Im wrong that we would be fucked if lambert was our only fit striker, my post was actually defending his poor performances as I have read a few writing him off already.

What the hell are you talking about?  Is this referring to football, sport, or life in general?

Price is almost irrelevant with Balotelli. If you get him performing to his peak for 30games a season then he's a bargain at £40M and 200k a week.If he does what he has done at every club he's worked at, then he's a waste of money at whatever price

Ditto.

He's been terrible so far, you can only call what you see. It's been 3-4 games now and he looks one paced, doesn't press and doesn't score any goals. He's always a yard or two away from where he needs to be when the final ball is played. When Allen scored, where was he? should of been in the box with Allen and Sterling right away.

Watching Balotelli yesterday reminded me of the school boy who's brilliant in everything he does, but just doesn't seem to get any friends.

With the head sorted Mario could be the best player in the world. Let BR and Peteres work their wonders, include him in the group, let him feel the love of the Kop. I'm all inn for this.

Guest davelfc

He's been terrible so far, you can only call what you see. It's been 3-4 games now and he looks one paced, doesn't press and doesn't score any goals. He's always a yard or two away from where he needs to be when the final ball is played. When Allen scored, where was he? should of been in the box with Allen and Sterling right away.

He's already much better than Aspas then. 

On the Balotelli thing, the reason he gets signed by clubs is because they think they can fix him. Maybe now Suarez has gone we need to keep the shrink busy.

What the hell are you talking about? Is this referring to football, sport, or life in general?

Sporting culture, there's a strange lack of curiosity about the process of becoming brilliant and with that, a lack of tolerance for the flaws that go hand in hand with such single minded dedication. We had the privilege of watching Suarez for 3 years and in not one interview did a journo ask him how he developed his unique skills. Same with adapting models of football from other countries, the media just throw out 'the German model' or 'the Spanish model' but there's no rigour or curiosity there about its inner workings. All lip service.

In cricket, rather than working with Pietersen psychologically, they just discarded him because it was the popular consensus.

• Upvote 1

I'm not a Lambert fan and have serious doubts and would rather we had looked elsewhere. But pre-season is about getting the players fitter and trying out a few things tactics wise. Different players peak fitnesswise and it tends to take the older ones see Gerrard and Johnson a bit more time. Henderson aside I would guess those on International duty are a bit behind fitnesswise.

He will prob underwhelm but it won't be due to what happens in pre-season. You would assume Rodgers knew he was not exactly Usain Bolt so I doubt his pace or lack of it in this case is not a problem.

• Upvote 1

bascombe was unequivocal when he said we ve no interest in mario.

I wouldn't be against the deal happening for the prices quoted as he is a good player and could play a few positions, after hearing Rodgers comments and knowing how smart he is with the media I think he is using it as a smokescreen.

He knew saying it around this time where we are being linked with shit loads of strikers that stories would come from his comments, maybe the cheap price is interesting us though.