You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Guest davelfc

Some German football 'expert' was on Talkshite speaking about us and Reus. That'll be the betting patterns or paddy power and sky bet having us off again.

3cb68e606849c196aa7f6f075e9f3beaec51ff2a

• Upvote 1

appreciate what your saying but the alternative is to forbid the voicing of any criticism whatsoever of any manager who has had some success, North Korea style.  eg Nobody can complain about stubborn weird decisions to make a point because we nearly won a cup a few years ago.

And the minority you speak of...well if you can remember them by name it really is a minority...

Well, I'd say two nth degree positions have been stated across our two posts, and there's plenty of scope for normal, fair, mixed criticism and praise to be provided as is merited in between them, but I see where you're coming from. 

Guest davelfc

Liverpool have staked their interest in AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli.

The Reds are looking to add more firepower to their frontline and Brendan Rodgers is a fan of the Italian.

He said: "Balotelli has all the qualities [i like].

"He’s 6’3”, he’s quick, his touch is terrific, he can score goals and he’s still so young.

"I saw that in this time at Inter as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there. He’s a big talent."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/494841/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Rodgers-keen-on-Balotelli-

We just got rid of one loon. 

Oh you mean as in exactly the positions we could add a world class player too?

Yeah.

Calm yourself, I'm not saying he's a bad player or that we shouldn't sign him (he's a great player and we should sign him) but we've already spent 45 million on that exact position and as a team seem to be a little lopsided.

And the ones before:

Looks like #LFC have dropped interest in Reus and made an ambitious move for Di Maria.. Interesting.

Liverpool have submitted a £45m bid for Marco Reus. Looks likely it could be accepted as #BVB are getting Yarmolenko as a replacment. #LFC

Craig Sainsbury @CraigSainsbury  ·  Jul 11

Glad to see that cretin Suarez leave the league. This is a bright day for English Football and a victory for all media outlets. #LFC

Crisis averted, thank me later.

• Upvote 1

Calm yourself, I'm not saying he's a bad player or that we shouldn't sign him (he's a great player and we should sign him) but we've already spent 45 million on that exact position and as a team seem to be a little lopsided.

Todays football is not about positions. We have Sterling, Markovic both can play either wing or forward (Sterling can play central as a second striker, att mid or whatever you want to call it), Coutinho can play CM, att mid and Lallana can do as well. Reus can play all the positions Sterling plays and as a striker as well.