Quantcast
Summer Transfers 2014 - Page 453 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
WhiskeyJar

Summer Transfers 2014

Are we still looking at Pastore? Or Moura? These are the "FSG type" of players - great potential, young, hungry and not playing as much as they'd like in their own clubs..

• Upvote 1

Haha a tad?

Well there was definitely something about safe's and sledgehammers.

I wouldn't be too bothered about the perceived lack of work rate. I trust Rodgers to sort that out. People had similar concerns about Sturridge and he turned out fine.

City in signing Lampard are hit with a double whammy, not only does the average age of their squad go up but the average weight will shoot up....

In regards to saying that Bony doesn't fit out profile in terms of what he does, I remember the Alonso/Gerrard analogy I read a few years ago. Basically Alonso is a master safe cracker who will plug away trying to pick the locks for hours whilst Gerrard would just twat it with a sledgehammer till the doors fell off. Well Bony is the sledgehammer, not a fancy one like Gerrard but one that'll do the job sufficiently. Just because we got loads of safe crackers doesn't mean a sledgehammer won't come in handy.

Thats a good analogy, except we dont have an Alonso level player upfront who will play all season without getting injured. we already have Lambert for the other option.

We now have loads of clever skilful players. The difference between us and the likes of City and Chelsea, is they have way more power than us. You see what a difference it was not having Henderson at the end of the season, and he's not exactly a powerhouse, just one of our more powerful players. It's why Can looks like he could be a big pick up.

We could absolutely do with more players with size and power, who obviously also have enough of the other qualities to fit into our style of player. That's what the other top teams have.

We will be relying upon Sterling, a 19 year old  and Markovic with 26 games.

The difference between us , City and Chelsea will be the proven matchwinners like Aguero and Silva/Fabregas and Hazard, not some brute upfront.

We sold our matchwinner unless you believe Lallana will be playing at that level.

• Upvote 2

City in signing Lampard are hit with a double whammy, not only does the average age of their squad go up but the average weight will shoot up....

This signing shows City will be taking the early rounds of the carling cup seriously and confuse the Stamford Bridge super frankie Lamps faithful. I'm in.

Are we still looking at Pastore? Or Moura? These are the "FSG type" of players - great potential, young, hungry and not playing as much as they'd like in their own clubs..

Because Pastore is 25 hardly a youngster and PSG paid €39.8 million. Moura also cost PSG €45m. The fees required would be high as would their wages.

Bony sounds the complete opposite of Ian Rush so for that reason I'm out, although looking back ive already come out so im technically still out.

The thing they have in common is putting the ball in the net. 

Bony will never be in the same league as Rush for putting the ball in the net.

Not many players are to be fair.

He has adapted to a different country better though.

Anyone hear/see Van Gaal's interview before their game this evening?

Cutting through the bullshit, he said they mightn't need to sign anyone before the end of the transfer window!

Now, he's either the mentalist we all believe and he genuinely thinks he can turn all those sow's ears into silk purses, or all the talk of hundreds of millions available to spend on players was utter shite.

Of course they're going to sign players, despite what Van Gaal says. Without know who, I reckon they'll still bring in at least one player that costs them over £25m. It won't be quite the same as Arsenal bringing in Ozil to try and quell the fans' dissent (they did that with the Mata signing last season) but you can bet they'll want to make at least one 'statement of intent' signing.

True, but Rush will never be in the same league as Bony when it comes to wearing leopard print hats....

image-19.jpg

oh my god, what an absolute cunt

• Upvote 1

In regards to saying that Bony doesn't fit out profile in terms of what he does, I remember the Alonso/Gerrard analogy I read a few years ago. Basically Alonso is a master safe cracker who will plug away trying to pick the locks for hours whilst Gerrard would just twat it with a sledgehammer till the doors fell off. Well Bony is the sledgehammer, not a fancy one like Gerrard but one that'll do the job sufficiently. Just because we got loads of safe crackers doesn't mean a sledgehammer won't come in handy.

Wasn't this basically the argument that led to Andy Carroll?

• Upvote 1

I dunno, I reckon in the 90's inspired soul boy band that is our forward line Bony will fit in nicely as the stocky one with character to Sturridge's lead singer and Ibe and Sterling's 'something for the teenie boppers'. Might throw in Coutinho as well to do a 'Louise.'

• Upvote 1

If wearing dodgy clobber is a reason not to want a player we're gonna need to shed a lot of our existing ones, starting with Terence Trent West Derby himself, Daniel Sturridge.

Thankfully there are far more reasons people don't want Bony, so just a minor point of order.

We will be relying upon Sterling, a 19 year old  and Markovic with 26 games.

The difference between us , City and Chelsea will be the proven matchwinners like Aguero and Silva/Fabregas and Hazard, not some brute upfront.

Yep, and you win nothing with kids.