You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Not a striker for £20m. It's a waste of money for a back up player. Add to it and spend it on a guy who can play any of the front three positions.

Why would he have to be back up? If we buy a striker good enough there'd be no reason not to continue playing two up front.

Why would he have to be back up? If we buy a striker good enough there'd be no reason not to continue playing two up front.

There are not many strike partnerships as highlighted last season when everyone was talking about sas, someone who could play all three positions would be a safer bet.

Play one up front lambert as backup with the attacking mf/winger hopefully also able to cover there and then the following season we have origi.

You change a system to fit Suarez and Sturridge in you don't change one to fit Wilfried Bony in.

• Upvote 6

Which striker, then? You think Bony is good enough replace Suarez? Or even attempt to?

But I think Rodgers favours a 433. And the players he's bought so far would seem to confirm that; Lallana and Markovic. If he wanted to continue to pay a 442, he would have gone all out for a top drawer striker. But the fact he was happy with Remy spoke volumes. And Remy was never good enough to replace Suarez either.

It seems obvious to me. As obvious as we shouldn't spend £20m of a finite budget on Bony.

Nobody replaces Suarez, end of. Bony is a grown-ass-man (taller than Luis by the way, I don't know what site has him listed at 5'8''). There's not reason he can't be a success here, it's just going to take some imagination.

I'll be made up with top four again as I think this is a long term project. If Bony, or some other unfavorable option, is all that's available we might as well strengthen somewhere else. 

If Ilori is going to replace Hummels at Dortmund then surely...... nah hold on a minute, I think iv gone don shat my brain.

Having spent £10m on Ginter I very much doubt they'd want Ilori to replace Hummels. So if he's not going to start ahead of Ginter or Papastathopoulos I don't see the point in loaning him them. With the £30m or so they'll get for Hummels I'm sure they can buy a 3rd or 4th choice CB.

• Upvote 1

Look up an interview he gave to the Mail titled "why I am Daddy Cool". His exact words being "I am not a running player"

Not what we need. Square peg for a round hole.

Yes he scores goals...so does Darren Bent and he's not what we need either!

His exact quote

"I am quite an intelligent guy,' he says. 'I talk with my team-mates, my friends. They know I am strong and that if they put it in the right place I will get there. I am not a running player, running right and left."

Sounds like he's making the point that he's not a headless chicken running around needlessly and that he prefers to use his intelligence. Not that he's lazy or won't press.

• Upvote 3

I have seen that poorly put together list of socalled stats on under 21 players who score goals. If you were interested in stats which don't really appeal to me. I'm sure you could put together a list of players who didn't live up to the hype. The likes of the prolific Heskey,Alan Smith and Jeffers who all got a fair few goals at a young age.

I do think Lukaku will score goals whatever he goes though like Sturridge he has utter self belief. That selfbelief often gets taken for arrogance which is a shame. He is going to need it as Mourinho is an utter cunt who like with Shaw you get the feeling he won't pass up an opputunity to put the boot in.

• Downvote 1

I honestly reckon if Torres ever came back he would be boss for 1 or 2 seasons. For the same reasons I would have had Owen back from Newcastle before he went to the other lot. Just being back here would ignite something mentally and have them giving 110%. I don't reckon Torres has ever given 100% for Chelsea. Owen never did for Newcastle either because he couldn't give a fuck about them. 

Look at Fowler. If Rafa had signed that demographic of player without having ever played for us we would have been going mad and he would have been shit. The fact it was Fowler and it meant something too him gave him that extra 10% (25% in his case actually) that made it a smart move. 

Torres. Cunt for the way he left? yes. Capable of banging a few in for us? Absolutely. 

Get him back, Get Fowler in a pair of boots as well. What's digger doing? Give Tommy Smith a bell. Alright Luis lad. Lets have a fucking red revival and twat every bastard in the fuck. 

EDIT: sorry I got a bit carried away at the end of that. 

I met Neal the other day. He looks fit and we do need another right back.