You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Did you watch last season? Gerrard was majestic from when he took on his new role. I have no issues with him playing as many games as his body is capable of, we have nobody else close to his class.

Wouldn't go as far as that about Gerrard. Looking at his goals& assists you'd say he had a great season but 99% of them were from a dead ball which we all know, his delivery is exceptional. I just think he's becoming a luxury we can I'll afford. If he's not playing, we miss his set pieces more than anything else. If we had a class defensive Mid we wouldn't have been cut open so many times. He good at setting attacks up, looking for that raking pass. But he's not so good a breaking the opposition up, which is what he's there to do. I think he should be used sparingly this season, If Can ends up being as good as most of us think.

as it stands....

.................................Mignolet

Flanagan .......Lovren...........Sakho..........Enrique

.................................Gerrard

..............Hendo...........................Lallana

.....Sterling...............Sturridge.................Coutinho

Reina

Johnson

Toure

Skrtel

Agger

Markovic

Can

Lambert

I'm happy. 

Add Reus, Messi, Turdseye's maa and Jonah Lomu to that squad and we are fucking rocking 

That starting 11 has 1 goalscorer in it. It isn't good enough.

Career Premier League goals;

Flanagan: 1

Lovren: 2

Sakho: 1

Enrique: 2

Gerrard: 111 (16 seasons)

Henderson: 11

Lallana: 12

Sterling: 11

Sturridge: 58

Coutinho: 8

I think a world-class full-back should be a priority. Preferably on the right, so Flanno can keep on the left, with Enrique backing up.

After that, another goalscorer

After that, another central midfielder

That's why these Vidal stories sound like a Manc trying to make out we are trying to hijack, so he can later claim that Vidal chose to reject us.

I think what Dan is trying to get across is Gerrard is not going to be playing all the bottom feeders like last year. If you think at 34 he's going to be playing 50+ matches you are crazy.

He'll play in all the important matches barring injury. And just like Luis (even more so actually) there is no replacing him when he decides to hang up his boots. Pre-grieving in progress.

I think a world-class full-back should be a priority. Preferably on the right, so Flanno can keep on the left, with Enrique backing up.

After that, another goalscorer

After that, another central midfielder

That's why these Vidal stories sound like a Manc trying to make out we are trying to hijack, so he can later claim that Vidal chose to reject us.

Mate Flanno is the best full-back in the premier league i'd much rather him than Enrique. Flanno can do anything he wants. Flanno is the first name on the team-sheet. 

Mate Flanno is the best full-back in the premier league i'd much rather him than Enrique. Flanno can do anything he wants. Flanno is the first name on the team-sheet. 

Flanagan is the first name on the team sheet....really?

The second paragraph I agree with, and that's why, for me, it has nothing to do with coming from abroad.

Henderson struggled to start with, but fought through it. Downing struggled to even replicate his fairly mediocre form at Villa and Middlesborough. The difference is in mentalities. A strong mentality from Germany, Serbia, or Suriname, is more likely to handle the step up than a shit one from Croydon or Coventry.

Look at Thomas Muller. Would you have any doubts at all that he'd been anything other than fucking brilliant in England?

I agree that a lot boils down to the mentality of the particular footballer. Anyway, hopefully they'll both flourish sooner rather than later.

Muller would be fantastic anywhere on earth or indeed on any other planet. I can just imagine his angry German face as he lambasts some poor alien for a shite pass. I'd give him a uniquely German title: the most effective footballer in the world.

I hate all this character and hunger bollocks that's trotted out incessantly. Top players have got where they are because of hunger and character. The club just hides behind these words because they can't close a big name deal. Its as simple as that.

Plenty of players who lack character and the hunger who get by purely because they are too talented for clubs not to take a chance on.

I agree that a lot boils down to the mentality of the particular footballer. Anyway, hopefully they'll both flourish sooner rather than later.

Muller would be fantastic anywhere on earth or indeed on any other planet. I can just imagine his angry German face as he lambasts some poor alien for a shite pass. I'd give him a uniquely German title: the most effective footballer in the world.

I think they will. They're the two signings I'm most happy about.

Muller and Lahm. Machines. We're signing both of them.

• Upvote 1

Ahh Talent vs Hard Work the age old question, or Nature versus Nurture as it's more commonly known, time for round 2, where's Dennis when you need him?

Training his brother, I would imagine.

But it's not really nature v nurture, I am arguing specifically whether talent alone gets you to a club like Liverpool. It doesn't. Not to the first team anyway.

• Downvote 1