You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I was in danger of being overwhelmed by tumbleweed until you stepped up for me mate.

Just like the near complete ignorance of my Falcao / Vienna based pun on the MF it highlights the quite disturbing lack of basic 80's pop knowledge on this forum.

It is an abject disgrace and an damning indictment of just how far this place has fallen.

• Upvote 2

Just like the near complete ignorance of my Falcao / Vienna based pun on the MF it highlights the quite disturbing lack of basic 80's pop knowledge on this forum.

It is an abject disgrace and an damning indictment of just how far this place has fallen.

Didn't bear witness to this appalling incident, but anyone referencing the living legend who hand-delivered 'Rock Me Amadeus' to my childhood had better believe he's getting another rep.

I was about to reference Karel Fialka in the MF transfer speculation thread, along with "...I want to be an ITK."

It would surely have been wasted.

• Upvote 1

As I said many times during the season, our problem in defence was not the quality of our etrnal defenders but our tactics.

I think Sakho is the best defender we got, I also think Lovren, Ilory, Kelly and Coates are some of Europe's most talented CBs. Agger and Skrtel are both world class imo. If they were playing for Chelsea they would be world beaters. We need to improve our defensive structure, tactics and training.

Code

Why not go for Tevez?

Affordable and one of the most similar players to Suarez in that he never stops running, determination etc.  Not to mention been class everywhere.

Probably because he's a disruptive cunt and will want massive wages.

Would fit in though I agree. 

we won't be getting the world class player like Reus, Tevez, Falcao, Cavani etc., more chances of Volland/Lacazette/Muriel/Fischer level. I'd go for Isco or Lucas Moura, he's been poorly used at PSG and is an immense talent, and they just bought Di Maria, some of Lavezzi/Cavani/Pastore/Moura will leave. Isco is less likely, we've bought the son of Johan Cruyff instead for same cash that Atletico paid for Griezmann..

we won't be getting the world class player like Reus, Tevez, Falcao, Cavani etc., more chances of Volland/Lacazette/Muriel/Fischer level. I'd go for Isco or Lucas Moura, he's been poorly used at PSG and is an immense talent, and they just bought Di Maria, some of Lavezzi/Cavani/Pastore/Moura will leave. Isco is less likely, we've bought the son of Johan Cruyff instead for same cash that Atletico paid for Griezmann..

Son of Johan Cruyff?

well Adam Lallana and his "Cruyff turns" & wankathon on MotD & SkySports about them

Ah right, I don't wank along with Match of the Day anymore being down here so didn't have a clue what you were on about.  He does like a Cruyff turn though Lallana.

Different areas of the pitch though I think Lallana and Griezmann?  Griezmann is more a wide forward, whereas Lallana is more midfielder (although can play wide).

I'd say Markovic is supposed to be the Griezmann equivalent from our recent purchases.

Ah right, I don't wank along with Match of the Day anymore being down here so didn't have a clue what you were on about.  He does like a Cruyff turn though Lallana.

Different areas of the pitch though I think Lallana and Griezmann?  Griezmann is more a wide forward, whereas Lallana is more midfielder (although can play wide).

I'd say Markovic is supposed to be the Griezmann equivalent from our recent purchases.

Markovic > Griezmann. All day long. Lad is a Hazard/Silva/Di Maria level of talent.

I'm just talking about the gap in quality. Griezmann is a way better player than Lallana and fee was almost equal. 

Rodgers stated it clearly today that signing another striker depends on Borini's situation and that we might NOT sign another striker....

But you can continue believing the bullshit about Remy's failed medical.

So you're implying that Remy failed his medical as a diabolical cover-up for "shits and giggles"? Cheese IS amazing!!

Markovic > Griezmann. All day long. Lad is a Hazard/Silva/Di Maria level of talent.

I'm just talking about the gap in quality. Griezmann is a way better player than Lallana and fee was almost equal. 

Righto.  Getting off topic a bit, I think Hazard and Silva are way more talented than Di Maria, who is a good player with plenty of pace who works hard.  So hopefully Markovic is up with those two on the talent scale.