You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

He should have been left behind for time to think over his future and told he has no place in the squad next season, there is no sentiment in football or shouldn't be if you want to be the best, the 14m for him is too good to miss out on and is the most we will ever get for him.

He would then be well within his rights to fuck us over by sitting tight, or accepting a loan deal that does nothing to benefit us. Apart from selecting him to start our friendlies, I think we've done the right thing by keeping him onside but letting him know that we've accepted an excellent offer for him. Given that the Sunderland agreement isn't exactly formalised and binding as of yet, they could come back with a more derisory offer knowing that we are seemingly desperate to get rid if we simply freeze the player out.

• Upvote 1

He should have been left behind for time to think over his future and told he has no place in the squad next season, there is no sentiment in football or shouldn't be if you want to be the best, the 14m for him is too good to miss out on and is the most we will ever get for him.

That would be rank bad management.

You're paying his wages and you never know what injuries you'll suffer that MIGHT mean you need him at some point. Sure, you're looking to offload him, but it gives all the wrong signals to other players about what happens if you're out of favour,

It's not like the lad has been stirring up trouble or anything. Plus there are legal implications if you start treating an employee differently from others.

Liverpool agreed to his contract, and now they want to end it. That's fair enough, but they should at least abide but it and treat him fairly until it's over. You'd expect your players to still give their all up until them leaving, why should be any different for a club?

Imagine if he'd said "I don't fancy playing her much more, I'm not coming on tour with you". You'd be screaming blue murder then because he wasn't abiding by his contract.

• Upvote 1

Where is the need for this? Why put the boot into the manager?

not into the manager but into some deluded fans who think Rodgers can polish every turd on this earth and can do no wrong in terms of coaching defenders despite proving to have very poor eye for a talent and not improving a single one of our defensive players yet.

Why do you care? He doesn't manage a team you support. 

I overheard someone calling Mike Tomlin a 'flimsy fucking shit-cunt' the other day. I didn't feel the need to question the fella as to why. I don't support the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

Who do I support?

But you don't fool me, Stig.

You're a lout 'n' all, but I think with a bit of a conscience. After you and your mates have finished your bottles of midday cider, your mates will obviously throw the bottles out the window at old ladies and gay people passing by. But I think you sneak yours off to recycling.

He would then be well within his rights to fuck us over by sitting tight, or accepting a loan deal that does nothing to benefit us. Apart from selecting him to start our friendlies, I think we've done the right thing by keeping him onside but letting him know that we've accepted an excellent offer for him. Given that the Sunderland agreement isn't exactly formalised and binding as of yet, they could come back with a more derisory offer knowing that we are seemingly desperate to get rid if we simply freeze the player out.

He will end up going on loan anyway. We might aswell keep him as fourth choice now.

Who do I support?

But you don't fool me, Stig.

You're a lout 'n' all, but I think with a bit of a conscience. After you and your mates have finished your bottles of midday cider, your mates will obviously throw the bottles out the window at old ladies and gay people passing by. But I think you sneak yours off to recycling.

You have made it clear that you aren't a liverpool supporter yet you are on here all day spouting garbage.

Haha you are like a mild Dennis Tooth. (Hudu, speaking of him, you noticed anything lately?)

aye, Brendan can make anyone better. ANYONE. The sheep say so. The fact that Bertrand played for 7 clubs and was shite for all of them means nothing, BR will make him better, as every defender he's been working with so far at Liverpool.. oh wait.

Give it a rest, you hysterical fanny.